X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready2Fly 90mm EDF de Havilland DH 112 Venom Jet in Swiss Air Force Color

Hi Guys i just got this jet, wanted to ask if there are any mods or things i need to do before assemly
    Thanks guys

rc4ever

The following tips may help you as you build your De Havilland Venom.

1. When you epoxy the tail booms in place as per the instructions, poke a couple holes into the two joining faces of smooth foam, to give the epoxy more surface to key into.

2. After you have assembled the tail booms and before the epoxy dries ensure the model inverted on a stand and leave the epoxy to dry. Do not let the epoxy dry while the model is upright. This might introduce a very small incidence change in the elevator, and thereafter require more up trim to fly straight and level. It would be a good idea to use 30 minute or one hour epoxy to give yourself working time to get it right.

3. Most pilots are successful landing without flaps. Flaps are nice for slow passes, but they are not necessary for landing. Approach slow and flat, then cut power when at knee heigh and allow the model to settle. Don't pop the elevator, otherwise the model will begin to bounce.

The above three tips should help you enjoy the plane. It's one of our top three fliers among all our jets.

In answer to your question with regard to modifications there are none required. This is an excellent model perfectly stock.

I hope the above helps you. Please let us know how you get on with it. Send a some pictures of your finished model.

Martin.

Comment

Thanks a bunch guys, im still somewhat new

Comment

Just finished building her, Ready2fly makes some superb airplanes including this one. i have the cg and throws per manual , you guys might add to the motionrc that the Venoms now have 12bladed fans and 120esc great buy was a absolute joy to put this plane together....LOL cant wait to fly her.
        allright guys i will try to wear a mobius hat and keep the plane close........by filming. thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post

The following tips may help you as you build your De Havilland Venom.

1. When you epoxy the tail booms in place as per the instructions, poke a couple holes into the two joining faces of smooth foam, to give the epoxy more surface to key into.

2. After you have assembled the tail booms and before the epoxy dries ensure the model inverted on a stand and leave the epoxy to dry. Do not let the epoxy dry while the model is upright. This might introduce a very small incidence change in the elevator, and thereafter require more up trim to fly straight and level. It would be a good idea to use 30 minute or one hour epoxy to give yourself working time to get it right.

3. Most pilots are successful landing without flaps. Flaps are nice for slow passes, but they are not necessary for landing. Approach slow and flat, then cut power when at knee heigh and allow the model to settle. Don't pop the elevator, otherwise the model will begin to bounce.

The above three tips should help you enjoy the plane. It's one of our top three fliers among all our jets.

In answer to your question with regard to modifications there are none required. This is an excellent model perfectly stock.

I hope the above helps you. Please let us know how you get on with it. Send a some pictures of your finished model.

Martin.

Martin,
          Does Motion foresee carrying the updated V2 version of the Venom anytime soon? I've been waiting to buy it. :)

Comment

I am totally happy because i was saving my money for a 10-14bladed 150esc, but they sent me a normal one with 12 bladed fan and a 120esc, i was thinking that i would have to modd the plane , but it is all ready done. Grats MotionRC
            I have tried to upload some pics and i get a error that my file is to big. have to look at camera, pretty sure i can get the pic size smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by rc4ever View Post
              I am totally happy because i was saving my money for a 10-14bladed 150esc, but they sent me a normal one with 12 bladed fan and a 120esc, i was thinking that i would have to modd the plane , but it is all ready done. Grats MotionRC
              I have tried to upload some pics and i get a error that my file is to big. have to look at camera, pretty sure i can get the pic size smaller.

So wait, you're Venom from Motion came stock with a 12 bladed fan? Is Motions stocking the V2s now because the site says they're the standard 6 bladers.

Comment

The De Havilland Venom is supplied with a 6 blade fan unit when you purchase the PNP version. If you buy the ARF version it is supplied without the fan unit, motor, ESC and servos. The choice is left to the builder/pilot. An upgrade is available for either version to a 12 blade fan unit. However you will have to replace the motor and ESC as well as the fan.

With regard to the V2, I don't know at the moment if Motion RC are going to be stoking it.

Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
                  The De Havilland Venom is supplied with a 6 blade fan unit when you purchase the PNP version. If you buy the ARF version it is supplied without the fan unit, motor, ESC and servos. The choice is left to the builder/pilot. An upgrade is available for either version to a 12 blade fan unit. However you will have to replace the motor and ESC as well as the fan.

With regard to the V2, I don't know at the moment if Motion RC are going to be stoking it.

Martin.

I REAAAAALLY hope Motion stocks the V2 once their V1 stock runs out. I'm chomping at the bit to get another one with the V2 enhancements.

Comment

So the listing page now specs out a "90mm 12 blade Ducted fan with powerful 3748-1450kV brushless motor" and "Premium quality 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A UBEC". Does this make it V2? What other enhancements was it supposed to have?

The old fan/motor/ESC combination produced 2400g of thrust according to the guy that did the video review on the MotionRC website. Anyone know what the new combination produces?

I just ordered one after dithering for about 6 months. Looks like I did the right thing waiting.

Comment

Ordered me a V2 90mm Venom from MRC ... :cool:

Comment

Just got mine assembled and waiting for calmer weather for the maiden. The colors on the Swiss Version are awesome. Totally impressed with this one!

Comment

She looks REAL good Wayne! Hoping to get mine assembled and in the air ASAP

Comment

Starting my build...

Comment

I am definitely interested in seeing how this build comes out. I have been considering the Venom.
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Getting her ready for first flights!

Comment

Maiden flights today! What a great jet to fly! Surprised with how much thrust she had and the way she fairly leaped off the runway on the first flight. Cruised around so my daughter could shoot some photos for me, with the throttle barely above 50%. Sounds great in the air and good orientation cues from this bright red Swiss scheme.

Bearing in mind how pilots have reported her tendency to bounce, I came across the numbers with the throttle pulled way back and held her off ... held her off ... held her off ... until she ever so gently kissed the runway. And then heartily bounced back into the air. :eek: I throttled back up and went around and set it up again. Tried to hold her off a little longer on approach #2 and let even more speed bleed off. My reward was a two bouncer. Which broke my front nose gear door hinge mechanism off. DRAT!

A few photos shot by my daughter and I.

Comment

Well done sir! Awesome photos as usual.
                                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I could use some help. Just received my DH 112 today. Esc has ubec and if I understand the manual the battery connects as usual and the ubec connects to the balance charge lead. They don't match. the ubec looks like a servo lead and the manual shows a connecter like an led light. What am I missing?

Comment

One of my favorite covers ever I think! The January 2017 issue of FlyRC. What a gorgeous model!

Comment

Working...
                                        X