X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob needing help w/F16 64mm

I'll start by saying that this is my first jet, but I have some experience with rc planes. I may be completely screwing everything up so I'm not going to blame anyone but myself right now. I set my jet up per the manual, verified CG, verified all control surfaces were functioning and positioned properly as per the manual and videos. I watched as many videos on flying this jet and others before I purchased and I was convinced they would be easily hand launched. Well my first time out was a disappointment to say the least. I gave the jet full throttle and a nice toss from and it immediately rolled and nosedived before I could even get on the controls. It broke the wing, so I repaired it and went for another try. I had similar results. I was more cautious this time and it only wanted to climb straight up then nosedive. I crashed it over and over trying to figure out what the issue was. It seemed like the fan was off center or aomething.
    I guess my question is, how does one go about hand launching these?? I assumed they would want to fly straight without any input but it seems like they need some expert level input to even get them in the air for longer than a second. Is there anything I can check??? I did the throttle reset thing motion shows in a video to ensure you're getting 100% throttle through the controller. The jet is still in flyable condition so I'd like to get in the air. Thanks!
Working...
X