Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Scale Freewing F-22 Raptor Build Thread

What's up, guys?

I wanted to create this thread to document the build process of the Freewing F-22 Raptor (Super Scale) I am currently building. I have completely gutted the entire plane of all servos, wires, and wing connectors. Everything will be custom and high quality, as this is my personal preference. I have had the jet for a couple of months now and have slowly been working on it. The only mod that I have done so far is cut spots for the formation lights. I plan to be finished with it during the winter and ready for flight in the spring. This jet will be powered on 12s.

-Ché

Initial install of the Formation lights found at www.stemwings.com. This was very easy to do and mostly just required patience for the cutting. I used a very sharp Exacto.

Comment

This was the initial lighting test. This is powered by the balancing cable on the Lipo battery. We tested both 6s and 3s, and we got the same brightness for each one. I still plan to test out 2s as well to see if there is a difference.

Comment

I was not a fan of the amount of bleed through from the Formation lights so I grabbed some 5$ white paint and aluminum tape to help with this issue. I am confident that this will resolve the issue mostly if not all of it. I know foam can be a bit hard to work with when it comes to bleed through due to the foam being so light and thin. I have not tested this yet, but I plan to soon. It is hard to find time to do anything with my current work schedule.

Comment

Started working on the wing lights today. Polycarbonate caps are put on with thermal glue. Planning on using a small copper wire bunch instead of the included aluminum heatsink!

Comment

Working...
          X