Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing F-104 90mm Maiden

Hey,

I got a Freewing 90mm F-104 a couple months ago and think I finally have the nerve to maiden it. Before I do so, I would like to make sure I have the right rates and gyro set up since this plane can bite quick if something is not set up correctly. I have heard that the rates need to be drastically lower than in the manual and the gyro throw needs to be lowered as well. I would like to know what set ups you guys who own this jet have used and found comfortable. I generally run 30% expo on other large edfs and don't intend to push this plane's boundaries.

Also, I have heard the flaps should never go farther than 20mm, so my intended partial and full flaps are 7mm and 20mm, respectfully. Just making sure this is something you guys agree with. Should there be elevator mix with these flap settings?

Thanks

Hi ggillillia,
    Suggest you visit the official F-104 forum and read what owners have posted there. Your answers are likely there…and more. Hope you have a successful maiden flight.

-GG

Comment

If I remember right mine was book throws. Just be careful with both flaps and speedbrakes, use both only on final and keep your throttle up, they are very effective at slowing her down and she will just fall out of the sky. Other than that the 104 flies amazingly well.

Comment

Working...
      X