X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gear for FW Yak-130

Just installed the Top Design CNC alum gear on my Yak. They are beautiful. The mains are nice a squishy. Should make for some nicer landings. Cut the stock gear wires down to about 10mm. Ground notches for the set screws. And minor trimming of the gear opening covers. Flight test tomorrow.

cool I have those ordered but still in the mail lol

Comment

Flew today with the new gear. The front gear was normal. Some bounce on rough Tarmac. The mains are a little squishy which make Landings awesome on a rough asphalt strip. Best to let the plane roll out, tight fast turns cause the mains to compress causing the wing tips to touch, similar to the stock gear and turning too quick. Look a lot nicer than the wires.

Comment

hows that new gear holding up? I still haven't installed mine yet...ive seen a few vids where the nose gear leans over pretty hard when u try to slow it down after landing...do u fly off grass? and would u have changed over if you did? thanks

Comment

Nose gear is solid. I fly EDFs on pavement. Main gear a little mushy on turns on pavement..

Comment

I have had mine for about 3 months now. I fly at a field where their a lot of small rocks mixed with dirt and some amount of weeds. I now have about 8 flights on the set. I can't say they are much better than the wire gear. Although I did grind a flat spot on the gear mounts they still have a chance to turn when hitting some foreign material on the runway. They look better than the original, but not really the best or better than the wire gear.

Comment

thanks guys I am still building courage to maiden mine so I will leave gear stock for now...flying a 70mm f86 off grass with what looks like the same gage wire gear and they are holding up great....darn wind in texas is killing me lol

Comment

oside where is your cg on the yak? pls

Comment

4000mah battery placed about 1" ahead of rear bulkhead. 3300mah battery 1 1/2" forward. Faster with the smaller battery and lands slower (easier).

Comment

Working...
                  X