X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techone Neptune EDF

I was wondering if anyone knew or had any idea of how long my flight time should be with the Neptune using the recommended battery? The 3s 2200, I know proper throttle management is the key, I was just wondering before I get it ready to maiden. I've built it and it was as simple as 1 2 3 and I still need to figure out to set it up since I'm still new to all this and mainly setting up a delta wing with the mixing of using a elevon.
    Still Learning:D

Paul I would start at 2:30-3:00 then check to see what's still in the battery . Remember that a new one will last longer than one that has lots of time on it .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Hey Paul,
      There are some beneficial mods that can enhance flight time. There is little room under the canopy, so you can do several things similar to what I did. Mine is completely stock as far as what came installed & I've had no issues with anything.

A) I recessed a bit of the left side to get the Rx set in deeper for more room inside, & made a slice with my Xacto to place the Rx antenna into the foam & on the outside for better exposure.
      B) I decided to place the ESC outside in front of the EDF for much better cooling. I removed the covering on the heatsink side that really made a difference. The ESC now never gets to even the warm stage. Again, really made a lot more room under the canopy & I can even get my 3S 2450's inside easily.
      C) I run 3S 35C or higher as they seem to deliver better power. I usually like to fly mid throttle for extended flight times & when up high, I do like to shutdown to glide a bit. Believe me, the Neptune can glide...it loves a breezy day.
      D) I have my timer on my JR10X set to 8min w/2200's & can go another 2min w/2450's & usually my after-flight voltage checks read 3.75-3.85.
      E) My Tx already has Elevon setting, so setup was a breeze. Since there are no landing gear, I use my GEAR switch for T.O. mode that adds 20% UP ELEV.. Once airborne, I move the switch back to the normal position.
      F) I made servo linkage covers out of thin plastic sheet I had & formed it with my heat gun around a 3/8" dowel rod that worked perfectly & CA'd in place. Grass landings can do some damage to them. Others have reported to move their servo rod to the topside with a bit of extensive mods.

I use 35C or higher rated 3S batts 2200 & 2450's. They deliver much better power, especially with an EDF. I have added a mix using my GEAR switch as a T.O. mode that adds 20% UP ELEV for a better launch & less drop till speed increases. Once it starts to climb, I move the GEAR switch back to the normal position. I strongly suggest to use 70% D/R & 30% EXPO to wean into the Neptune. Attached are some pics. Don't hesitate to ask any questions. Good Luck.

Denny
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Neptune2a.jpg.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	41151 Click image for larger version

Name:	Neptune2b.jpg.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	41152 Click image for larger version

Name:	Neptune2c.jpg.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	41153 Click image for larger version

Name:	Neptune2d.jpg.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	41154 Click image for larger version

Name:	Neptune1b.jpg.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	41155 Click image for larger version

Name:	Neptune1c.jpg.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	41156 Click image for larger version

Name:	Neptune1d.jpg.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	41157
      *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
      *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Additional pics...

Denny
        Click image for larger version

Name:	NeptuneElevOffset2.jpg.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	41160 Click image for larger version

Name:	Neptune Elev Offset3.jpg.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	311.2 KB
ID:	41161
        *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
        *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Thank You so much Yorkie that was a really big help and thank you for taken the time for the helpful pictures. With help from Hippie I got it binded to my radio and with a little experimenting figured out it was pretty easy once I figured out to set it I the delta wing mode and did have to reverse the servos, but I was really surprised with how easy it to set up. Now I was like mmmmmm......now how do I fit all this stuff in that little compartment. I was thinking I may need to do some cutting to fit the receiver in along with the battery and the ESC should some how go on the outside. I'll see what I can do this week on it. Thank You again for all the help guys.
          Still Learning:D

Comment

Working...
          X