X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing A-10 advice

After a long lay off (20 YEARS) from flying R/C's, I am wanting to purchase the freewing A10. After reviewing the required gear needed to be up and flying, I have some questions about what I am planning to buy and what others are using. I want to have flaps so a six channel transmitter is needed. I am leaning toward the Spektrum DX6i 6-Channel Transmitter with AR610 Receiver ($159.00), Admiral 3600mAh 4S 14.8V 40C LiPo Battery ($47.99 - out of stock). When it comes to the battery chargers prices range from $29.99 to $169.99. Which one should I get. I haven't the slightest clue as to the pro's and con's on the battery charger. The two servo's needed for the retracts seems straight forward. ANY ADVICE OR ADDITIONAL INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Also, does anyone know how the freewing a10 compares to the dynam A10?

hey Tex ...make sure u get a reverse and pos servo for the retracts...I used the admiral 4s 4000 batteries in mine and get the freewing as its got better retracts in my opinion its a good little flyer but relatively small airplane so keep it in close to tell what its doing and have fun...oh ya don't put the weapons on the wing till u install the flap servos lol

Comment

thanks for the info Ron.

Comment

where ya located tex? down in Killeen here

Comment

Just south of Tyler

Comment

Hey texasraider 113 did you get your A-10 yet? I have been flying one of these for awhile now and LOVE it. I have always loved the A-10 and this is a very cool plane with all it's scale features. Freewing did a good job on it. I also added the flaps. I use an Admiral 4S 5000 mAh Pro pack and it flies great with a good solid 4 minutes + of flight time. It is a heavier battery but there are two metal slugs glued inside the nose wheel bay that I pried out with a pair of pliers and it balanced perfectly with the 5000 pack. I recently upgraded the fans to 12 blade, 3300 kV units and it really sounds good. It is a tough little bird too...

Steve

Comment

It is a great flying plane!! Here is a video of mine. I upgraded it to 12 blade fans with 3500kv motors, added a 10amp BEC and upgraded the landing gear to the Freewing F-5 gear. Lots of power and lots of fun!!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                It is a great flying plane!! Here is a video of mine. I upgraded it to 12 blade fans with 3500kv motors, added a 10amp BEC and upgraded the landing gear to the Freewing F-5 gear. Lots of power and lots of fun!!

https://youtu.be/zcdK8Zk-3Fg
                Looks like a great plane and boy do you guys ever have a terrific place to fly!
                Lauren

Comment

I have 50 planes, but IF I buy another, it'll be a Freewing A10! I grew up in Denton Tx. Doc

Comment

Sweet video! Gotta love the A-10. Boy what a nice place to fly. I would almost give my left :sick: for a place like that to fly. What size pack are you flying in it? Did I hear a 6000?

Comment

Hey Gooniac, I am new to this site and to RC model planes. I am also learning nitro helicopters. I have a Dynamo A-10,a airfield p-51and a freeing Pandora. I just ordered a freeing f-14Tomcat. I have to learn to fly the Pandora and gradually climb to the f-14. It is beautiful. The a-10 is sweet and I see where you upgraded the fans motors and beck. What batteries did you put in it? Thanks Jimmy

Comment

like someone here once said...your guys are dead to me with your 8000' concrete runways lol....I have had to fly mine off short grass and it held up great till I flew it on a gray overcast morning and let this tiny plane get too far away...crack...into the bushes...man that gray camo works great:)

Comment

Originally posted by bootman4er View Post
                          Hey Gooniac, I am new to this site and to RC model planes. I am also learning nitro helicopters. I have a Dynamo A-10,a airfield p-51and a freeing Pandora. I just ordered a freeing f-14Tomcat. I have to learn to fly the Pandora and gradually climb to the f-14. It is beautiful. The a-10 is sweet and I see where you upgraded the fans motors and beck. What batteries did you put in it? Thanks Jimmy
                          I was lucky enough to find a big 4s 35c 6000mah pack that was the same size as my 5s 30c 5000mah pack. So that is what I use in it and get about 5-6 mins of flight time. It draws about 100amps at full throttle but full is only needed in short bursts. It is a real blast to fly!!

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                            like someone here once said...your guys are dead to me with your 8000' concrete runways lol....I have had to fly mine off short grass and it held up great till I flew it on a gray overcast morning and let this tiny plane get too far away...crack...into the bushes...man that gray camo works great:)
                            I rarely get to fly off of this gorgeous runway... I am normally taking off from a short dirt strip and then landing on grass.... It is a really versatile plane!! It is really fast too!!!

Comment

saw this and wanted to share....

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Working...
                              X