X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSD VIPER 90mm

Anyone have this yet? Thoughts? Lots of features I want to see on FW jets that this has. Bullet friction wing connectors being one of them.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    AMA 1102566

Really nice EDF....Fast, really nice gear.....good off grass......and easy to transport! 5 star.....

Comment

I had the 90mm camo version, I was very impressed with the quality and it flew perfect right out of the box, fit and finish was very good. Its fast but it lands like a trainer. Only two issues I found were, there are two screws that hold the horizontal stab onto the fuselage and the front one was just a bit short, easy fix, and the gear doors buzz in the close position but not in the open position, was told by BH that this was normal, don't worry about it and fly it. So I did. I ended up selling it, I wanted to stay with FW jets, thats the only reason for selling. I would give it a 5 star rating as well.

Comment

I have a friend that has one. It's pretty cool, although I don't think it's as fast as the Stinger 90. It has some nice hardware on it (landing gear and such). Don't even think about dead stick landing it. It needs power all the way down to the ground.

I think it's a little expensive for what you get. I'd rather spend it on a Stinger or a Freewing military jet, like the F-14 or F-15.

Comment

I have flown the Taft Viper and the HSD Viper Pro, both exhibit excellent characteristics. They are roughly identical w/s and length, but I just cant get over the contour lines of the Taft Viper, it will always be my favorite. The major difference between the two is HSD does have all metal retracts that are bulletproof, although I am using the cheaper Taft retracts for all my FMS and F/W birds, I find them the best on the market. I run all my Vipers to 8s and both have cavernous space under the canopy.

Comment

What connector does the hsd use? As150. Trying to find a conversion to ec5 battery without having to solder

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfreak View Post
              What connector does the hsd use? As150. Trying to find a conversion to ec5 battery without having to solder
              RC Jetwerx sells an adapter:

Sean

Comment

I had one of these for a while. It flew great. Eventually the vertical stab snapped off in a knife edge.

Comment

Working on one right now. It's been flown, and I am now painting it. It had a takeoff accident long time ago. I installed a JP HOBBIES 10 Cell EDF and a Castle 130 Amp Phoenix ESC. It goes very well!
                  Using latex house paint and baby power with ALLOT of sanding to make it smooth. Adding vortex generators to it also.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210227_172102_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.1 KB ID:	302090Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0018.JPG Views:	0 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	302091
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X