X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 mm T-38 and TA4J-Skyhawk

Hi Alpha, could you work your magic and talk to FW about these two awesome trainer jets. These aircraft are iconic, they have trained every jet pilot since the 1960s... The T-38 is still going strong and the A-4 handed the keys over to the T-45 but it is still a HOF classic.
    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

I'd like to see a T-38. I was hoping that perhaps Sparks over at Parkflyer Plastics would make a conversion kit for the Freewing F-5. I know the differences are more complicated than they would first appear, but as a stand off scale model, some modelers license could be taken that would give a good approximation of the Talon using the Tiger II as a starting point.

If the Freewing F-5 is a good seller, perhaps Freewing could be persuaded to design a new forward fuselage with a slightly longer nose and twin cockpit to fit the existing F-5 model. It would give them the opportunity to enhance profits for that model with minimal design investment.

The T-38 also opens up some additional opportunities for paint schemes, like the Thunderbirds, NASA and even the USAF trainer in white with orange trim, all good looking and easy to see planes.

Comment

I totally agree with you, I posted the idea when the F-5 first came out when I preordered it and received it and seen how it was constructed. I have just about all of Motions bigger jets and the F-5 is one of my favorites but I would have preferred the T-38 in 80 mm.
      My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Noted, thanks guys :)
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

wow a twin cockpit on the f5 might be a cool standoff t38...I got a ride in a t38 when I was a air traffic controller and I got to say that was so cool ,,,ill never for get it...it rolls 2 times a second so needless to say I gave it a 80 or 90 rolls in each direction and then about 30 sec inverted...what a fun plane...and I didn't have to pay for the gas lol

Comment

Working...
          X