X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What jet after the F-86 80mm ?

Looking for a new jet, the only one I have now is the Freewing F86 80mm, just looking for advice on what a good next step would be in Edf's

I got the twin 80mm F-14 after I was confident with the Sabre, and it is a good step up. I asked the same question over on RCG a while back and the general consensus was that the T-45 and F-15 were the best next step, but that didn't stop me from getting the Tomcat.. The big difference with the F-14 is inertia. It is a big, heavy plane that takes a while to speed up or slow down. The others are a bit lighter and might make a better next step. However, the F-14 really does fly nice with the wings extended especially.

Comment

Thanks for your help...do you have the link to the Rcg thread ?

anyone else have any thoughts ?

Comment

Originally posted by weedsnager View Post
        Thanks for your help...do you have the link to the Rcg thread ?

anyone else have any thoughts ?
        It took a while to find, but the conversation starts about half way down. I was asking whether I should get the F-14 or F-16, and everyone said get the 15 haha. The T-45 was recommended to me by a friend, not in this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=F+14&page=274

Comment

Go info...thanks

Comment

My experience of owning and flying several sorties is limited to the 90mm F-16, F-18 and F-15. The 90mm F-18 and F-15 are total *****cats and very well behaved. The F-16 is more temperamental and you have to understand how she wants to land or prepare for some unhappy landings. Once you "get it" she too is easy to fly and land. I am looking to snag the F-14 soon. I've flown the T-45 and F-86 and they are both fun, easy flyers for larger EDF jets.

Here's my order I would put these jets in starting with easiest to fly:

F-86
            T-45
            F/A-18
            F-15C
            F-16C

And from all I've read and seen in video I would put the F-14 in between the F-15 and F-16.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

How easy is that T45? I have always loved that plane. I want one badly but the cost and me being new to edfs scares me.
              AMA 1102566

Comment

Yeah....agreed...$500 is not cheap

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                  How easy is that T45? I have always loved that plane. I want one badly but the cost and me being new to edfs scares me.
                  Well easy is always a relative term in this hobby, lol. What may be easy for me may not be easy for others due to experience. When I mention the list, it's based off of a person with EDF experience that is ready for the larger EDF jets like the 80mm and 90mm's. In that regard, the T-45 is a pretty non-sophisticated jet in the way that she has good habits and no bad tendencies so as long as you have some experience flying EDF jets (safely takeoff, fly and land) the T-45 is a pretty good one, though heavier than the F-86 which is why I rate the F-86 higher than the T-45, but both are similar in performance and ability.

Cost can definitely be a deterrent no doubt. However, if you can get some experience in the 64mm/70mm EDF class and you can fly jets in the sim without problem, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

What about the A6?
                    AMA 1102566

Comment

cost has stopped me from the f15 f16 type planes...hard for me to justify 500 bucks in a pile at the end of the runway lol

Comment

The F15 was my second EDF..just bought the A10,so maybe Im going backwards,but had to have one..and since they didnt have it in 80 or 90mm lol guess the hardest thing about the F15 to me is keeping my flight times down.. theyre just over too fast!
                        www.TSHobbies.com
                        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

How does the a10 fly?
                          AMA 1102566

Comment

dont know yet..hasnt arrived
                            www.TSHobbies.com
                            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Working...
                            X