X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with the FW F-35 V2 thrust vectoring

How's it going guys? So i recently bought a FW F-35 V2 impulsively as basically a first time flyer. Whether or not that was a good decision i don't know but, I need some help. With the jet i also purchased the Spektrum DXe transmitter with a AR610 Receiver. After sometime i got it binded and everything working except for the thrust vector.

First off, is this transmitter-receiver able to use the thrust vector? I was under the impression is it, but after unsuccessful attempts i am starting to have my doubts.

Secondly, If it is able to (Im hoping so), how do i get it working? Does the vertical thrust vector only work while the throttle is on, possibly?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Hello Dave and welcome to the Squawk,
    If I take your second sentence to be absolute, I am gonna be absolutely candidly honest (as I am always to those that know me) and that is that airframe is well over your skill set and your setting yourself up to a disastrous first experience. Having said that you can now deduce the answer to your third sentence on the buying decision. As the lead flight instructor at our club, here is some basic questions I ask new folks.
    Have you any stick time modeling or real?
    Have you any simulator experience?
    Now if the answer is no to either then you really need a big reset and should set that F-35 aside till next year and cram as much time for what's left of this flying season into acquiring an inexpensive high wing trainer type airframe and seek the assistance of a capable RC pilot that can help you accelerate thru the learning process in order to achieve the skill set required to go after that impetuous dream you had of flying that thrust vectoring jet.
    If my assumption of your skills based upon your introduction is incorrect, then please accept my apology. However if I am correct, please take what I have offered not as a criticism of the zealous buying decision but as a critique to help getting you on your way to a successful start into the wonderful sport of RC airplanes.
    Best regards
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

OV10 is spot on. The F-35 is a good 4th or even fifth plane. Start with a nice high wing prop powered trainer. The Freewing Pandora, eflite apprentice, parkzone sport cub, and Delta Ray all fit the bill nicely. You certainly won't regret it! Also, you will eventually need a better remote for the F-35. The DXe is a very low end non-programmable radio, good for basic trainers, but not much else. To use thrust vectoring, you need a computer radio were you can program digital mixes.

Comment

Copy that. Thank both you guys for your input. I had a Parkzone Super Decathlon with minimal flight time and no serious flight time in any simulator. So, yes I should probably have a couple steps between now and the F-35.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X