X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-10

I am a huge A-10 freak. I have probably built about a dozen plastic model A-10s. I went into the Air Force hoping to become a mechanic on the A-10, but sadly got the C17, which was a great plane.

My question is, will the Freewing be back in stock any time soon? Or should I go ahead and get the Dynam? I've read the reviews about the Dynam landing gear and engine pod not being structually sound. Yes it is $60 cheaper, but I'd rather pay more for quality if I can. Unless those reviews are from V1 of the Dynam model that have since been corrected.

Hands down the Freewing A-10 is the best RC A-10 there currently is. Not only is it more detailed it is more robust. Nothing against Dynam I own 3 of them but their version of the A-10 looks like a toy compared to the Freewing. The Freewing now also has more powerful 12 Blade motors that sound more realistic.
    I would just wait till the Freewing A-10's come back in Stock. It would be well worth the wait.

If you are a big fan of the A-10 you have to check out the DCS flight simulator. It has one of the most accurate flight simulations available of the A-10C. The developers of this simulator are the same ones that created a simulator for the Air National Guard. DCS features both the A-10A and A-10C but its the A-10C that is the most modern and realistic.
    Combat Flight Simulator. Realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles, navy ships, world war two vehicles, trains and ships. Free download includes the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It Including a Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the famous WWII North American TF-51D fighter. Over 25 fighter jet aircraft for PC Gaming.test

Comment

This will be my first EDF. Do you think it's a good place to start? Regardless, I will get it when I get the notification they are back in stock, lol. But I was also looking at the FW F22 4S as a first one as well.

Comment

The A-10 and the F-86 Sabre make great first time EDF because they are so stable. The A-10 more so because of its straight wing design that gives it more lift that is ideal for low speed passes when you what to slow it down. It flies just like a real A-10 was designed to fly, low and slow to give the best close air support.

I personally want to get the Freewing F-86 Sabre next as my first EDF. Afterwards I might get the A-10.

Comment

I looked at the 64mm F86 as well. Mainly because even after I buy the receiver, it'll be the cheaper of the 3. So I won't feel as bad when I crash it, lol. Everyone seemed to say it is nice and stable. Knowing my luck, I will become impatient, order the F22, then the next day the email will come through saying the A-10 is in stock, lol. I can swing the F86 and A10 easier than the F22 and A10

Comment

If you truly luv the A-10, wait for FreeWing A-10 to come back into stock at MotionRC.

I've looked over Dynam A-10 and was not impressed because of its design. Just eyeballing one over in it's box and trying to see how it would go together, it looked awkward. The FW offering is a much better model and well worth it in the long run.

If your looking for an introductory EDF model jet and want to stay on the small end, low budget scale; get the 64mm FW F-9F Panther. It is fun plane to have and is the same price as the smaller FW F-86 64mm version. The difference is that the Panther is easier to hand launch, It gets up to flying speed faster than the F-86 which makes it less prone to being a lawn dart or touch and go take offs, it flies a little slower but is more stable than the smaller F-86, and if you need to add them; the Panther does have optional landing gear that can be added on where the 64mm F-86 does not. I have the 64mm Mig-15 and it flies exactly like its F-86 counterpart. It clips along at a good pace but takes a little bit of time to get it's airspeed up and tends to be touchy if your roll angle is a bit high or you make your turns a little tight. The wing loading on the 64mm F-86 and Mig-15 is not as forgiving as the Panther which limits you to a set size of batteries. They like the 1800mah packs and they fit nicely in the fuse. You can use 2200mah packs in them but it gets crowded in the fuse and the extra weight makes them more twitchy at slow speeds {i.e. take offs and landings}

If you just want to start out with an F-86 EDF, spare yourself the troubles and get the FW 80mm version and dive right in. It is a really good flying plane for it's size and it has no bad habits. It is a good straight forward plane and the model is very easy to work on.

Comment

When I was mentioning the F-86 Sabre I was referring to the 80mm 12 blade version. The 64mm dose not even have landing gear and seems more like a park flyer toy. Also remember that most 64mm fan units have 6 blades and have a high pitch sound. Where a 10-12 blade fan unit produces a more realistic turbine sound.

Comment

I'm not ready to spend almost $100 per battery yet, lol.

Comment

a10 is back in stock

Comment

Yep, I got the email and ordered it. :)

Had to make a deal with the wife that it would be the last plane until my birthday. Only have to wait until January.

Comment

good job bought this one for my b day :)

Comment

whenever I want something in a hurry I use FEDEX but that's not an option with motion...so my a10 sat in hodgkins il for 2 and a half days before ups decided to come off vacation and start trucking again still wont get it till wed..probably destroy it before November comes around lol

Comment

thats strange, mine was shipped via USPS ,shipped on Friday, and got it Monday ..I too bought this as a self-birthday gift..mines the 20th
                          www.TSHobbies.com
                          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

I used to work for UPS. If you select ground and it isn't the holiday rush where trucks are running constantly, your stuff is literslly put on a trailer to sit until Monday. Mine is out for delivery and I am stuck in class. I have my brother on standby to go to my house to get it if it is delivered before I get home. Don't want it sitting outside in the sun for hours.

Comment

ya I agree I was a atc at Louisville airport home of ups airlines...strange things go on lol

Comment

This is my first edf and was just wondering what other people set their rates and throws at.

Comment

Working...
                                X