Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing Stinger 90 V2?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing Stinger 90 V2?

There is a thread on RCgroups regarding a Stinger 90 version 2, as well as videos on YouTube. Can the folks at Motion provide some information on whether a V2 is planned for this jet (I imagine it would as it sold so well), possibly what type of changes (any design changes, power system specs, etc), and an expected time frame of release?

The description on the videos provide a little detail such as the power system used for testing, etc., but that doesn't mean much for a production run, and nothing was said if anything else changed such as trailing link struts, slight airframe modifications, etc.

I had a Stinger 90 and loved the way it flew. So, I'm looking for another and will purchase one if a new release comes out.

Hi

That video regarding a V2 on the 90 mm is false at this time. Freewing have never said anything to us about it in anyway. What changes could you do to this plane being pretty much perfect now. It already has a 12 blade system and correct motor for speed and duration. If we hear of anything we will post that on hobbysquawk.
    thanks

Brad

Comment

Thanks Brad. There is no doubt that the Stinger 90 in my opinion is one of the best all around performing 90mm EDF jet that they have ever created.

Thanks for keeping us updated if you do hear of anything regarding the Stinger.

Comment

This is one of Freewings biggest sellers for sure. I've only had a chance to see this fly on video, but I may have to pick one up one day. I like that fact it can fly in wind, I'd guess with a Hobby Eagle gyro. This jet would be fantastic! I placed one in a F/W Mirage 2000 and it transformed the jet into a fun flyer with a jet fan! It's fun to fly fast & zip through the sky. After a while though, it gets old. I want to tone things down and fly some circles, rolls, maybe barrel rolls. The gyro, makes those things super easy. It's making those minor corrections for you at all times. Especially a cross wind, then it's super cool to have the gyro On. Well, I won't make this too boring to read, but keep the information coming on the Stinger 90. Thanks, Matt C/S Motion RC

Comment

V2? Where was there chatter of this, T-Cat? I didn't see it when I glanced at RCG.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hey man, good to see you around. I know you've been a busy with all these awesome toys for us, ha-ha :D.

Yep, it's some interesting stuff because this genetleman on his YouTube page (read the comments on some of the videos of the Stinger V2) where he is stating that he's writing the specs for the factory to finalize details before the production run, etc. It seems like he is implying a new power system is being spec'd for it. Also, on his YouTube thread, the same type of thing is being said. All this is why I asked on this thread because if anyone knew it would be you folks at Motion.

Here is the RCgroups thread he created, as well as his YouTube channel.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2664610

What I'm thinking (just an opinion with no backing whatsoever) is that it's possible this person (RCSkunkWorks) may just be developing new ways to modify existing PNP planes and then potentially sell them locally, which is their case would be in Australia and possibly in conjunction with the local supplier there by name of XtremeHobby. However, the comments made in the thread and in those video comments really make it seem like they are collaborating directly with Freewing to change factory specs and maybe have a globally available new V2 Stinger 90.

Comment

That take off to vert in the video was sick!

Comment

I was just at Freewing's factories for nearly two months the second time this year, and I've never heard of this guy. He seems talented and I suspect your thoughts about his affiliation with his local supplier is more likely. The "V2" moniker is certainly not official from Freewing at this point, I can say that with 100% authority.

His videos do show off why the Stinger 90 remains one of our top sellers. A fantastic platform in both stock and upgraded configurations!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Alpha. I figured out of anyone who would know it would be you, and that's why I asked. I'll be getting another one since I miss the two I had. I flew the Stinger on aftermarket 6S and 10S setups. Stock is fantastic, but some more grunt it makes it just that much better (I prefer the high powered 6S setup personally), and anything above that there just isn't enough of a difference in top speed which is obvious although the vertical ability was intense. Clearly, I miss the jet after selling them. That alone tells you it's an airplane worth owning.

Comment

Working...
                  X