X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing Silver 70 mm F-104 Starfighter

Been off the grid for a while, so excuse me. Did I miss an official announcement on this plane? I see no ratings, so I presume it's a new offering, yes?

No reviews, not ratings. Rusty.

Comment

It's overall the same airframe design, but improved. The paint scheme is new, the jet is now made of EPO foam instead of EPS, and the power system has been upgraded.

Comment

T-Cat's right on the button!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

He's like a "See and Say" pilot's guide. Just point to it and pull the string, 'bammo. Thanks T-CAT.

Comment

LOL, I try. :p

Comment

Here's the silver 70mm F-104. I like the EPO finish and love the George AFB markings. I painted the canopy frame and landing gear silver, added dark ghost gray to the lower radome and painted black inside the exhaust.

Comment

WOW that looks hot! Small touch ups really enhance the model's realism. Great pictures and the silver really catches the light well in your photos. Smart scale touch to paint the lower radome dark ghost gray. If memory serves, sometimes the nose of the tip tanks were the same gray as well.

Comment

Nice! I love this plane and it's next on my list. What battery are you using in this model? I see a large varialbilty in the weight of 4000mAh 6s batteries out there, and I am concerned about that issue. I believe some folks are using 2 3s batteries due to concerns about weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                    Nice! I love this plane and it's next on my list. What battery are you using in this model? I see a large varialbilty in the weight of 4000mAh 6s batteries out there, and I am concerned about that issue. I believe some folks are using 2 3s batteries due to concerns about weight.
                    Thanks guys!

Westsider-I'm using a Turnigy Nano-Tech 6S 65C 2700 mAh pack, getting 3 mins with varying throttle and about 30 seconds to spare. I've been very happy with the weight and performance.

Here's a video of this F-104, using the Turnigy pack:

Comment

Thank you sir, nice flying :cool:. Looked like more throttle than varying ;). No extra weight anywhere? If not, sounds like the recipe I was looking to find. A little something for you for the information
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you sir! After seeing my doctor today for a back injury.....no more cookies! I'm on a strict diet to lose weight, so I'm getting ready to hike three miles in the desert, in the dark, with wind blowing hard and cold....it should be fun! :rolleyes:

Comment

Let me know if you need help with health and fitness T-dog. I can always PM you my cell number and go over stuff if needed.

Comment

Thanks Bro! Yeah...been slacking since I retired from the Air Force 4 years ago and flying a desk all day doesn't help. I got in three miles tonight and hiked up a mountain near the house. I'm feelin pretty good right now....tomorrow may be a different story. LOL

Comment

Please tell me that today is not a different story!

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                Thanks Bro! Yeah...been slacking since I retired from the Air Force 4 years ago and flying a desk all day doesn't help. I got in three miles tonight and hiked up a mountain near the house. I'm feelin pretty good right now....tomorrow may be a different story. LOL
                                Geez man, going BEAST mode! Ha-ha

Usually, the 24-48 hour period post-exercise you'll experience the greatest soreness. So, the fun begins, mu-ha-ha-ha :p!

Comment

Did another hike and mountain climb tonight....feelin better each day! :)

Comment

Nice job! Going strong :).

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                      Thanks guys!

Westsider-I'm using a Turnigy Nano-Tech 6S 65C 2700 mAh pack, getting 3 mins with varying throttle and about 30 seconds to spare. I've been very happy with the weight and performance.

Here's a video of this F-104, using the Turnigy pack:
                                      We have a really similar flying style!! I need to come out and fly with you so that we can do some formation!! UGH!!! Wish I could be there this weekend!!
                                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Next time, Gooniac, next time. I spoke to Bob today and he mentioned he's coming with someone but didn't say who. We'll fly a low pass for you on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                        X