X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nose conversion for the F-5

Hi Alpha, Do you think Freewing would be up for a nose conversion on the F-5 tandem cockpit to make it an F-5B or just please make the T-38 Talon. Thought about making my own nose conversion.
    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Hi Apache, I'd love to see what you come up with as a conversion. JetMang is converting his Freewing Mirage into a Kfir (www.thercgeek.com), and I think an F-5B or T-38 would be really nice! One of the reasons why we designed the F-5 with the forward fuselage parting line where it is was to accommodate a potential conversion. The way molds work, though we're talking another 10+ thousand dollars for a secondary mold if the factory were to make a PNP front end. It's possible, but not currently in the books.

If I were to release a T-38, I'd do it with a new design from scratch, and in a larger size so its overall proportions can be a little more scale. It will never be perfect to the incredibly thin scale wing thickness, but shapes such as the dorsal contours behind the canopy to the vertical stab can be more accurately depicted.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

That would be a really neat conversion to see. Would also love to see the Freewing F-15C converted to an F-15E Strike Eagle.

Comment

BrandonMoon converted his Freewing 80mm MiG-21 to a two seater. I'd also like to see a two seat F-15E, loaded with Mk.82s and GBU-12s or even GBU-10E (my favorite munition family).

Comment

Alpha, I've got to hand it ya, your team Motion and Freewing are setting a New standard and have raised the bar very high you guys are the leaders with a lot of followers trying to catch up. To me your 80mm F-5
          Flies great and a 80mm T-38 would just about be perfect. The attention of detail to scale is to close to even notice. Your engineering team has done a commendable job. The 80mm power set up seems to me like the best power balance without getting the plane too big. The conversion for the F-5B and a New PNP T-38. I would pre pay for 5 T-38s and 2 or 3 F-5B conversions. The next plane I would
          My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

My post got to big. The next plane I would start bugging you about is a 80mm A-4 Skyhawk tandem cockpit. One other suggestion would consider offering PNP unpainted versions of your jets and offering different decal packages and weapon loads.

Comment

Thanks Apache, I appreciate your kind words and support! All of us here work around the clock to keep the trust we've earned from our customers. As I'm often fond of saying, we're just getting started. :)

Comment

Working...
              X