X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New A-10

Over on the FMS Facebook page they have posted some photos of a new jet, reportedly coming early next year. The photos give it away as an A-10. Wonder of the folks at Motion have any additional info they can share?

Just saw that now lets hope it's a decent size. I really was hoping that Freewing would do one first.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Yep, that chatter just fired up over on RCG on the FMS Giant Warbirds thread at post#8803
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Time to start stashing some cash. There's not even hesitation on a A-10. My LX is getting pretty worn.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Yeah, I've been waiting for three jets to be redone (or never been done in larger size and needs to be), F-18, F-22, and A-10. It's good to see one of those on the list about to get scratched off because I'll own one if it's of good quality and provides the aspects I'm looking for.

Comment

FMS' Facebook page says this will be a 1700mm EDF.

Comment

by the pics it sure doesent look like a 1700 (63 in) more like 55in but we will have to wait and see...I am just compareing the chair and table size etc..either way hope motion gets em in cause I want one lol

Comment

Just finished reading this thread..... looks like we have an 80mm twin that will be be 90mm capable!!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                  by the pics it sure doesent look like a 1700 (63 in) more like 55in but we will have to wait and see...I am just compareing the chair and table size etc..either way hope motion gets em in cause I want one lol
                  1700mm is 67". And they say size doesn't matter.... :rolleyes: The A-10 is my favorite jet. Love it! Everything about it! Had the LX 70mm once but it was short lived. Also had the FW 64mm and was blown away by it until it went down in a thicket of trees. Didn't find it for about 6 months and not much left. Very interested in this offering.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-...thunderbolt-ii

Comment

1700 = 67 and 1600 = 63 but I have to agree that the pic is looking more like it is in the 1400(55).
                      We now have choices again with the FW A10 announcement.......YAHOO.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

close enough lol...I really hope at least one of the new A10's will be in the 1400mm range just for the storage space...although the real A10 is a very large airplane and may not scale down well

Comment

close enough lol...I really hope at least one of the new A10's will be in the 1400mm range just for the storage space...although the real A10 is a very large airplane and may not scale down well
                          I don't think you will have to worry about the scale down factor.
                          For example, the A10 has a 58' span and at 55"(1400) it works out to about 1/13 scale. Now the A6 had a 53' span and it is modeled at 46"(1170) which is about 1/14 and it does pretty darn good for presence in the air and on the ground so I think the A10 at the size you speak of will work fine.
                          I'm of the opinion however that the latest FW announcement is actually gonna be in that 1600 range. That size has been a winning ticket with the last two releases by them(FW/FL). I would also like to see FW bump the A-6 up to that 1600 size with twin 80's in the belly. We'll just have to see what the truth will bear in the near future on what the actuals are for scaling from both camps.

Warbird Charlie

Comment

OOOppppps............My speculation was undersized by 100. Alpha just posted it at 1700.
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

Pricing and preorder is out...

TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

$460. I'm waiting to see what Freewing does.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                  I've seen enough that I'm going to get the FW, I like the larger size and wheels.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                    $439 from HH, Force RC, Hobbyzone, or AMain. But I agree, I am also waiting on the Freewing. I like the scale gear and 12-blade fans, but the outline on the Freewing version looks better and I really want to see the final version.

Comment

For me personally, I'll likely be purchasing the Freewing A-10 for a variety of reasons, but here are some of the most important to me:

- Looks to have more durable landing-gear/struts, but we'll see as everyone gets to compare both companies A-10's when released.
                                      - Each A-10 (FMS or Freewing) would require removing the wings to transport and store for me, so I'd rather have a larger overall aircraft if the wings have to come off regardless.
                                      - Potential for better flight time on the stock system since the battery bay allows for a wider variety of battery capacities. (Although it takes two batteries versus one on the FMS)
                                      - Looks a bit more scale to me, and the wing structure looks absolutely solid and well engineered. I haven't seen FMS release what they did, so that marks them down a bit in this category since a solid wing structure in an A-10 is especially important.
                                      - The ability to use 80mm EDF's or 90mm EDF's with a nacelle change. Some of us have systems sitting around waiting for a new home.
                                      - A larger aircraft will tend to fly a bit better, and it may be easier to see and allow flight in less than ideal wind conditions.
                                      - The price point being supposedly at less than the F-14 is amazing, and if so, that wouldn't leave it very far in price difference to the FMS (who knows, but maybe as little as $50-100). So, that provides me with a bit more of the feel of getting more for my money.

Comment

Well said T-Cat. Personally, if freewing does a scale gear add on set, that would be the last thing to push me over the edge of putting down a pre-order. Even then, there's a good chance that I end up with the Freewing for those very reasons. But, it is nice having what appears to be 2 very well made A-10s to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                                        X