X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-1 or F-111

I dont think anyone makes either one of these. Ive only ever seen a large scale balsa B1 ,and dont recall ever seeing an F111 ..sure would like either of them
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Both are beautiful aircraft. But my choice would be for the F-111.

Comment

A B-1B would be amazing, and a must have. The main gear would be quite difficult to figure out on either model though.

Comment

I think a twin 80mm BONE would be awesome, as well as a single 90mm F-111! We already know Freewing has the swing wing thing figured out. ;)
        Pat

Comment

I don't believe anyone has ever done this sleek beauty in foam but a twin 80mm bifurcated B-1 would be AWESOME!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	B-1B_over_the_pacific_ocean.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.3 KB ID:	58528

BAM!

Could it ever happen one day? It might not be much more challenging to make than the F-14. I bet Freewing could pull it off.

How about a TRIPLE dog dare?

Now they have no choice.... :p

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            I don't believe anyone has ever done this sleek beauty in foam but a twin 80mm bifurcated B-1 would be AWESOME!!!

Click image for larger version Name:	B-1B_over_the_pacific_ocean.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.3 KB ID:	58528

BAM!

Could it ever happen one day? It might not be much more challenging to make than the F-14. I bet Freewing could pull it off.

How about a TRIPLE dog dare?

Now they have no choice.... :p
            That picture brings back memories of my view out the back of the KC -135.

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              I think a twin 80mm BONE would be awesome, as well as a single 90mm F-111! We already know Freewing has the swing wing thing figured out. ;)
              True dat! But if you take the F-14 twin 80mm swing-wing as the example, it adds a level of complexity and weight that makes it a niche product. Added to that the premium price and I can see where the sales numbers would not compare to other jets. Any manufacturer, like Freewing, would be a little gun shy to put out another one. I also recall when the first video was put out on the F-14, there were so many warnings and "cautions" about how to fly it that it made me shy away from it.

Comment

I initially thought the same thing about the F-14 but now it seems a lot of people are saying it is a good flying plane. I dunno, it's always nice to dream. As awesome as the BONE is it might have more appeal than you think. Especially since availability is zilch.

Comment

BONE gets my vote 100%. That's one jet I have been waiting to see in foam (along with my muse the Concorde) for years. If anyone can do it it's Freewing. Make it so boys!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I so need to get back to work on this. 11 foot B-1B, scratch building from 3 view drawings. Power will be quad 90mm 8S. I have the Nacelles made, and the formers cut for them. The fuse will be fiberglass made from the plug that is shown here. I will have to fabricate the landing gear.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160410_201030.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	58686Click image for larger version

Name:	20160419_180931.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	58687Click image for larger version

Name:	20160421_085008.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	58688Click image for larger version

Name:	20160424_145854.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	58689

Comment

You are my hero.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

wow! quad 90s! yes, you need to get back to work on that..as soon as you finish, the foam one will be announced. always happens
                        www.TSHobbies.com
                        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Working...
                        X