X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me 262 servo direction

I bought a ME-262 recently, and upon set up, I found the rudder servo chattering. Motion sent me a new one no charge, but when I installed it like the old one came out, direction was reversed.. Stay with me..... Not a problem. Just flip servo reverse and I'm back in business. Only problem is it reversed my nose gear direction. So, I pulled the servo arm off and switched it to the other side of the servo. Now the rudder wire has a very large bend in it to reach the correct side of the servo. Anybody seen this? Aircraft still flies great, but , am I missing something?..

Its no big deal. It happened to me once when I replaced an aileron servo. I didn't notice but it was opposite of the original so when I gave left input I got spoilers and with right more flaps. In the air I didn't know what was up yet, only that I had no roll authority. Thank goodness for rudder. That was a very exciting and short flight.lol

It's one of those things where they end up changing assembly methods or servo manufacturers and sku numbers get lost in the shuffle.

Comment

Thanks Ryan. Yes, a very exciting first flight... Good think I didn't need rudder in flight, but it take off it created guide the crabbing condition until wheels up

Comment

You can get an electronic servo reverser, and use it on either the N.G. servo (my choice), or the rudder servo.

Comment

Rudder wire is so thin the bend doesn't present a binding problem.. Just one of those things that makes you go "Huh".??? Been flying for 20 years, just never seen it...

Comment

You received a servo which was reverse from the original. With the Freewing Servos you can tell by the signal wire being white on the reverse servos and orange on the standard direction servos. You have three options: Get another servo, get and electronic servo reverser or install the servo in an opposite geometry (will likely require cutting and gluing).

Comment

Good to know Ghostman... Thx

Comment

Working...
              X