X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project F/W F-15C 90MM EDF Jet

Hello Pilots, I'm building the Free-wing model F-15C High Performance EDF Jet; actually it's completed. I wanted to share my experience on this build. First of all, I didn't require the instructions all that much.
    It's a fairly straight forward, look and, use common sense. The instructions are good for, matching screws for placement in the mounting positions for the part being installed. It took me, about 1 hour to build this model. About, another 1/2 hour to go through and make sure everything is tight or correctly installed. RE: Motor wires, EDF mounting screws, ESC mounting plate.

I always check for myself, you probably don't want to trust your cash purchase to the guy who built the model. I can honestly say, it was all nicely done, nothing was loose. Installing the DX-8 receiver was another; very easy job. Everything is close together and, routed to simplify the installation of the receiver. After installing the receiver, I checked the operation and to my surprise.

The only change I had to make, was to reverse the elevator servo channel. Now, I'm not final or ready to fly; I still have to fine tune the operation of surfaces. The nice thing is, how easy this whole experience was. We are talking about a jet here, RC jets are suppose to be very technical. Only the advanced modeler can put these together; wrong! We finally have a model that a person can build without a degree in aeronautics.

The thing to know is, Free-wing has done, most of the work. Everything that is somewhat difficult to install, is done for you at the factory. Our task, is to set the wings, horizontal stabs and vertical fins. There are a few glue on parts, they are very small details. I found installation of the electronics from my DX-8 Gen II simple as can be. I use the term; a monkey can do it. Now, I understand, a brand new pilot wouldn't be able to build this as quickly as I could. I can say, a new pilot can build this model if they are patient, plus you would want to read the instructions. Not just look at the pictures, it has both.

I have some pictures, I've taken, to show some of the details I'm talking about here. I highly recommend this model to everyone; except as a first model. I know, we all want to have the coolest aircraft in our hangar, but that just causes grief. Some pilots out there, will know what I'm talking about. If your looking for more fun, this is as fun as one can ask for. Try watching the video's on the flights as well, super cool. These jets are finally up to par, with what they need for starting power. We all remember those earlier jets, they look good. That's it, they look like a jet. We'd end up taking all the parts out, thinking we would use the EDF fan one day.

Thank you, for taking time to read this topic! Matt C/S Motion RC
Working...
X