X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing Rebel 6s experiment

I was wondering if anyone else has attempted to run 6s in their Rebel on the stock set up? I test fitted my smallest 6s pack in mine and its perfect!(Floureon 3300 6s) Bench tested it briefly and that sucker screams. I want to break 100mph since I got 89.5mph on 4s. Any experience with this? Thanks. Ron

Not with the stock motor and fan. You would burn up the motor as the KV is far too high. And even if you did keep the motor from burning up the rotor rpm would be dangerously high.

Now the Rebel will handle the weight of that battery. I fly one on 5 cell 4200 mAh, but not with the stock power system.

By the way you might get a 5 cell to work with the stock set up but you would need to watch the heat build up in the motor. I would recommend against it.

When reaching for the 100 MPH barrier look at reinforcing the stab and vertical fin with some carbon rod.

All the best,
    Konrad

P.S.
    I assume you are using the 6 bladed fan.
    That rpm limit is a safety concern. On a 3200KV motor running on 6 cell you would be driving the rotor at around 57,000rpm.
    Even the better rotors like the WeMotec are only rated at 50000 rpm.

Its all in the math!
    motor KV x voltage x efficiency = RPM
    3200KV x 22.2 x .80 = 57,000

P.P.S.
    I see the WeMotec is rated at 60K rpm

I don't know what the FreeWing fan unit is rated at but I'm sure you are on the raged edge driving the stock power system on 6 cells

Comment

Freewing Rebel V2 ,she is a very very good plane.I used a FMS V1&V2 70mm/12blades 6s 3300mah, skywalker 85A esc on frist flight,no need to sub-trim,battery is fit to the plane,CG good,the sound is good.

Comment

My friend used ,JP 70/12 all metal , outrunner 6s ..

Comment

Originally posted by wasabi View Post
          My friend used ,JP 70/12 all metal , outrunner 6s ..
          Nice! I got a pleasant surprise yesterday. Tried a new field & a guy had a radar gun used for clocking baseballs. Got 98mph with my Rebel all stock! Wind was almost dead so I Brought it by wide open at about a 35 degree slope. No hurry to upgrade now. stock motor,6 blade fan, 3000mah Admiral 35c 4s

Comment

Hi Wasabi, welcome to Hobbysquawk! Nice sounding fan.

CZ Flyer, your avatar photo is very neat! I prefer my Rebel on the 4s 3000 as well. It's a good size battery, although the 4s 3600 is okay, too. I find that mine bounces less on landing when using the 3000.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

CZ Flyer, your avatar photo is very neat! I prefer my Rebel on the 4s 3000 as well. It's a good size battery, although the 4s 3600 is okay, too. I find that mine bounces less on landing when using the 3000.
              Thanks Alpha! I just shot some mobius footage of my buddies Rebel yesterday. He just installed some shock absorbing gear struts & it makes a noticeable improvement on his landings. I'll post a link as soon as i get it uploaded. Ron p.s. he got em from rc castle for around $25. Here's the link.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOBe4ItWlEg
              Last edited by CZ Flyer; Dec 28, 2016, 04:27 AM. Reason: video link

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Thx ! Alpha

Comment

Working...
                X