X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rochobby 64MM F16 EDF V2

Hi Group...my plane collection consists of all prop planes and I'm looking to buy/try my first EDF jet. I was looking at the Rochobby F16v2 as it's cheap and looks good, but I haven't seen any flight/review videos on this plane. Anybody have any experience with this jet? Would this be a good first jet for someone?

Thanks

Hello Kevhed8, I'm in customer service here, so I hope my recommendation is of use to you. I would stay away from the FMS jet as your first aircraft. You will find the Freewing jet more superior in many facets of the model. I'd much rather see a person have a good experience than have a so so one.

The Freewing jet will encourage you where the FMS will not. Freewing build is much nicer quality, power is there, fitment is better designed. In the 64MM line up, the F/A 18 is a good one. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp
    The F-22 Raptor is a delta wing type body, it's a good one.

The Panther is one of my favorite models as a first time jet. Although, hand launching is the opposite of what people normally think. You just want to apply enough power, for the model to start out and, fly. You add about 1/2 throttle, allow enough air to start pushing the model. Then, simply throw the model level, like your throwing a paper airplane back in middle school. Be ready to apply some flight surface with a smooth reaction. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp

Even though it's, out of stock; it will be back in stock shortly. The 64MM jet can be a lot of fun, steady flight controls are best for these smaller aircraft. They can get tricky, being the smaller style jet line-up. Bigger is easier to fly, see in the air and, landing with less speed. Now, you can, high alpha these jets to slow down as well. That's where you yank the nose; Up! That will cause the model to raise and slow. Then, you want to level out quickly to flat flight. Keep throttle On when landing a jet; it doesn't glide in to well and, land that way. Just take your time, remember; anything is fixable. Have fun, enjoy the one you choose.

Cheers, Matt. "Have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk...I would wait on the new Flighline A-10.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

What a great forum this is and thanks for the recommendations. I like that Panther, so I'll just wait until that's back in stock. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Kevhed8, welcome to Hobbysquawk! The Panther is a good starter EDF. Inexpensive, well made, stable and predictable flying characteristics, and easy to hand launch and safely belly land.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
            I would wait on the new Flighline A-10.
            There's a Flightline A-10 coming, too? Or did you mean the new Freewing 80mm/90mm A-10?

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
              There's a Flightline A-10 coming, too? Or did you mean the new Freewing 80mm/90mm A-10?
              Sorry Freewing...same thing just different...:cool:
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
              X