X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-flite BNF A-10

I went to my LHS today to grab some parts for my HSD F-16 and lo and behold they had one of these available. I impulsively grabbed the box and headed to the counter before I changed my mind. I didn't think these were available yet. I got the BNF Basic so I had to buy a 2S 800 mAh LiPo (Recommends 450-800) and the 800 is all they had. Went to my buddy's and got her ready for maiden in about 15 minutes. Decided to maiden right there in front of his house. When did trees, lights, houses, bushes and curbs ever stop me in the past? LOL. Took off great...Has terrific power with those twin EDFs...After getting her dialed and trimmed the AS3X really keeps her smooth. Roll rate is responsive...Really a fantastic micro EDF jet. Grab one when you get a chance!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I got one a couple weeks ago. Flies great. One thing I tried to do and didn't succeed. Did you try to do the throttle calibration? I couldn't get it to work. My throttle stick has to be at nearly 1/4 to 1/3 before the motors start. I'm worried I'm not getting full throttle.

Comment

Just picked up 2 Batteries for mine and once the wind dies down in a week or so I want to get the Maiden in

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
        I got one a couple weeks ago. Flies great. One thing I tried to do and didn't succeed. Did you try to do the throttle calibration? I couldn't get it to work. My throttle stick has to be at nearly 1/4 to 1/3 before the motors start. I'm worried I'm not getting full throttle.
        Hey X, I hate to state something so simple, but sometimes it's the reason it gets overlooked. You have probably done this but nevertheless. After I calibrate my throttle, I use the throttle trim on the radio and advance it until, with one click on the throttle, I get some action from the prop.
        Hope that helps, otherwise, I can't think of anything else you could do.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Hey X, I hate to state something so simple, but sometimes it's the reason it gets overlooked. You have probably done this but nevertheless. After I calibrate my throttle, I use the throttle trim on the radio and advance it until, with one click on the throttle, I get some action from the prop.
          Hope that helps, otherwise, I can't think of anything else you could do.

Grossman56
          Thanks for the reminder. I was going to try that next. Most of my other planes calibrate perfectly and I can get throttle response right at the first click. This one seems different.

Comment

Is there any chance the gear will hold up on grass ?
            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Yep always good advice Grossman...I don't think this gear would be able to handle grass - it's just so tiny - unless the grass was like a golf green.
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                I don't think this gear would be able to handle grass - it's just so tiny - unless the grass was like a golf green.
                I tried. It doesn't work. The front strut wire is so thin and flexible, the plane just drives the wire backwards and the nose digs into the ground before it can get enough speed to take off. I've taken mine off and it will strictly be a hand tosser and belly lander, as with most of my UMX planes.

Comment

Yes I will likely remove my gear as well and make her a belly lander. Probably add a touch more zip too.
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

And now she's officially a belly lander. Even better. Looks sweet sans gear, and has all the zip you would ever want for a micro EDF. With rates set, she is a ball to zip around.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                    X