X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitz RC A-4 Skyhawk

to keep it short (which they did) Its soon to be available. Think Freewing couldve wouldve shouldve done better with the gear.
    Super A-4 Skyhawk RC EDF Jet from BananaHobby.com. Shop our selection of EDF Jets to find your including the Super A-4 Skyhawk Radio Controlled EDF Jet and other quality Foam Jets
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

I've had Blitz RC products in the past. I think that's Banana Hobby's main inhouse brand. I know their customer service has improved over the years, but has their product quality on Blitz RC improved? The stuff I had was terrible. I won't risk my money with BH again when there are so many other great models out there from truly great vendors.

Comment

I have had good luck on with my LX Wildcat, but that's it. My LX F-35, and F-4 were never ending maintenance and rebuild projects. Their F-117 has also been a pain to get working properly, especially on the gear doors. Their retracts and servos have gotten better, they are finally all metal electric retracts with struts, and could take a hit on my F-4. The servos were metal gear 17gs, and were fast with good centering. So they have improved (sort of) in quality, and definitely in customer service.

That said, there is a lot about this A-4 that gives me pause. The short gear look incredibly ridiculous. The terrible plastic LX wheels are back again as well, and are one of the things that are unanimously hated about LX models. The pull-pull steering is very finicky, as are the string triggered gear doors. The scale outline is mediocre, and the main gear pods look very out of place. It still has the old, plastic 5-blade LX fan and motor. And it costs more than a Freewing 80mm jet! Even the kit is very overpriced for what it is. Might just hold out and wait for the price to drop. I really doubt many will sell at this point, considering they are marketing it at a similar price to their F-4, which is a twin, and much larger.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately LX makes this BlitzRC A-4. Personally, I think they didn't do the airframe justice at all, the quality will likely be poor like LX tends to have, and the price is ridiculous. Typical LX, and looks like things never change.

Comment

Only LX Ive owned is the B25, which I love. only had one issue with the gear sequencer, and BH took care of it right away. also have the HSD Skyraider, and BH has been great in CS ...yet that gear still sucks big time, so really ,the CS Ive gotten doesnt matter much ,since the gear itself just wont hold up.
          the A4 to me, if it were around $100 for a barebones airframe ,Id go for it. but for what they offer as an ARF..sorry ..it got me at Tiny Gear.
          www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

oops, didnt realize I posted this in props...but hey , it does have a 4 blade plastic fan !
            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

I stopped looking when I saw a 70mm edf for 350 dollars...plus I am sure bh will charge 40 for shipping to go with it

Comment

I have 3 Blitz Pitts. They were pretty sorry out of the box. I have completely modified them. Added two aileron servos. More power. More pitch in the props. (I fly at 7000 ft.) Custom paint job on one. They are, now, the hottest little aerobatic planes I could ask for. They are, however, too small for my likeing. Doc

Comment

I also have their blitz 1700 mm mustang and what a pi;e that is. They used at the time 1400 mm retracts for a 67" plane and they waddle like a duck. Also the mounting of the retract are terrible. I love the molds that LX uses their air frames are to die for just remove all of the electronics and your good. The other down fall is their price point way to much makes you wounder is BH owned by horizon Hmmmmm . This jet to me looks way to plastic and to me not quite right and the wheels oh boy not good. For me I will look at some where else and a 70 mm at 350 not a chance.

Comment

The airframe kit is listed at $215. But, even that seems a bit high. Too bad, I really would like to have a nice A-4.

Comment

Totally agree there Prowler. The kit would have to be below $150 for me consider it. The Freewing kit+ for their 70mm F-104 is $159, and that is a much nicer 70mm jet than the LX, and it includes servos for that price. Not sure what they were thinking with a kit price point that high.

Comment

I believe this jet will sell horribly because it's simply a horribly done design, way overpriced for the mediocre components, and has LX's mediocre jet producing history already hindering it in the current market place. Their price is astronomical and will in no way allow LX to compete with the "big dogs" in foam RC jet production. That's the best part about being a customer, we speak with our wallets.

I'm assuming we'll see a very small discount on a Pre-Order at the AMA Expo at the vendors booth, which tends to happen with their upcoming products. The problem with that is that the plane is so grossly overpriced to begin with, that only a 50% discount on Pre-Order could possibly entice folks enough to actually purchase it.

Comment

The landing gear looks way too small. A buddy has the LX Corsair with folding wings, I was interested in one until I saw his. I don;t see myself buying anything LX or Banana Hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                            A buddy has the LX Corsair with folding wings, I was interested in one until I saw his. I don;t see myself buying anything LX or Banana Hobby.
                            The airframes are pretty nice but the electronics are junk.
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

The airframes are pretty nice but the electronics are junk.
                              Even then, it really depends on the airframe. The servos in their newer models are actually pretty good, they now use hobbywing ESCs (same as freewing), and certain retracts from them are pretty robust (YF-23, F-4, B-25, Wildcat). Anything else, especially their older models, has junk electronics as you said. The airframe kits have always been my preferred option from them outside of their Wildcat and B-25.

Comment

The retracts on the B-25 are iffy, I'm thinking the new Freewing A-10 retracts might me a good replacement.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

The retracts on the B-25 are iffy, I'm thinking the new Freewing A-10 retracts might me a good replacement.
                                  That's unfortunate to hear. I was just going off of the word of another pilot at the field. Do you think that they would hold up to a semi-smooth geotex runway? This one has been on my short list, and the nice scale looking gear are one of the reasons I want one.

Comment

I have the B25..havent had any issues with the gear other than the plastic nose rear arm, which I reinforced like RC Informers video shows..the mains are great.
                                    www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

TI........am curious as what you meant by "iffy". My PBJ-1(LX B-25) hasn't had any retract issues after getting the nose gear to operate reliably after doing RC Informers mod and the mains have been without issue on our grass runways.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I had one bad out of the box and have heard of several others having issues, they're like the Corsair retracts but just don't rotate.
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                        X