X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-9 Panther in stock

So I am looking into my 1st EDF, and after reading through past recommenations, it looks like the Panther is a great starter. So the reviews are mixed, all good but all over about flight launch. I am planning to buy one as all of the reviews are great for flight characteristics etc.. But, should I wait until the landing gear is available? It seems launching is in question for many.. I hand launch my HH Corsair (44" WS) fwiw, and the non retractable landing gear is atrocious. I have also been pretty sucessful with my UMX p51 (learned not to throw that one too hard trust me) . Just curious from EDF pilots, with this being my 1st EDF, should I get the landing gear before flight, or let r rip??

I found that plane difficult to hand launch. I struggled because there didn't seem to be a good place to grip it behind the wings, on the fuselage, for an overhand throw hand launch. Just wasn't enough room for my fingers. Didn't try an underhand from the nose either, just seemed awkward to me. I bought the gear for that plane. I have the 64mm F-86 and the 64 mm Stinger, and they hand launch much more easily for me. FWIW.

Comment

Thank you for responding, I see a lot of people read but no opinions.. LOL. I have read that this is a great plane for getting into EDF, and just trying to make the experience a good one. I can fly well for my time back into hobby, but the EDF bug is getting to me and I want to get into something that is fairly stable in the air. I really want to get the new FMS A10, but know that I need a little EDF experience before I try that route.

Comment

It is a fantastic flying model, but it is best if you can get another person to launch it for you. It was my first edf and opened the gateway to many other jets for me.

Comment

Putput it's a fun easy flying plane . I don't like to hand launch so I added the gear to it . Now the problem with that is it prevents the battery from being pushed all the way forward for CG . The secret I learned , the hard way , was to add weight to the front behind the nose cone . Once you do that and make sure the CG is correct you'll be good .

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Bryan
          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I just got mine into the air this past weekend after 4 unsuccessful hand launches and 4 rebuilds over the course of the summer. I finally stuck the gear on it and got it into the air and trimmed out fairly easily. I was really enjoying it until it lost power and nosed into the ground. Apparently the ESC died. I was using an 1800 Admiral battery pressed as far forward as I could get it and still allow the front wheel to operate. It balanced out fine with that setup - maybe a tiny bit tail heavy, but flyable. Granted my ESC didn't have an easy life, but couldn't hurt to consider an upgrade. I've retired it and will use the parts for replacements for whatever breaks. Bottom line: Get the landing gear.
            UMX: B-17, PT-17, P-47, A-10, Habu. E-Flite: Sportsman, Timber, Spitfire, P-47. Flyzone f-86 64 mm, Dynam Albatros, Flyzone Zero Select, Freewing B-17, Hobby Zone F4-U Corsair

Comment

The F9F is a great beginner into the jet world . The trick about hand launching is to have the nose at a 45 degree nose up and whip it like a football. This was the only way for me to be successful in hand launching it. Or to make a home made launcher from pvc pipes and surgical tubing. You only want about 8 lbs to get this to launch correctly 15 lbs was not so good,

Comment

Working...
              X