X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing A-10 wiring

I got a freewing A-10 for Christmas. While assembling I noticed the wires on the motors are colored. Red, black and yellow. The wires going into the fuselage are all black. shouldn't the wires in the fuselage be color coded as well. Not sure how to hook it up. Nothing in the manual about it.

Budman, the color of the ESC to motor wires is generally not key or even important ... as far as colors go. What IS important is that when you run the throttle up, both of the motors/fans rotate in the correct direction I.E. they push air out of the back of the nacelles and not vice versa. If the latter is true on either motor/ESC combo, simply power down by disconnecting the battery, swap any two wires on the errant power system and you should then be good to go!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure because each motor has 3 wires. Red and black are probably positive and negative but I wasn't sure about yellow. I'll just plug them in and see what happens. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Budman View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure because each motor has 3 wires. Red and black are probably positive and negative but I wasn't sure about yellow. I'll just plug them in and see what happens. Thanks
        DC brushless motors are not as simple as positive and negative ... they are actually a three phase DC motor of sorts. The speed controller modulates the three phases in sequence to make the motor spin ... kind of like a variable frequency drive if you know anything about the motor controls industry.:)

Comment

Working...
        X