X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 80mm F-86 fuselage adhesive?

Does anyone have experience with attaching the rear section of the fuse, that followed the instructions? My question is...the instructions picture shows to put glue on the two spars but doesn't show to put it on the foam outline itself.
    Is there anyone out there who followed that same instruction?
    If so, has there been any issue with it separating during flight at all?

It seems that the instructions are that way so that its easier to replace that section if it gets damaged. However, it also seems that two much pressure in high fast dives or high rate pitch could put too much pressure in that section.

Thoughts from anyone with this new plane?

Thanks!

Re: Freewing 80mm F-86 fuselage adhesive?

I used hysol (a super epoxy that doesn't drip) lightly on the CF and extensively on the foam at the join interface. I tried to avoid getting any on the wires.

Any good epoxy would probably be OK, but for critical high-strength joints I like 15 minute or greater.

Admittedly it will be a pain if it ever proves necessary to replace a servo in the tail... but that's a battle for another era.

Comment

Re: Freewing 80mm F-86 fuselage adhesive?

I ended up glueing just the spars, as per the manual. Turns out that it works extremely well all by itself. Unfortunately, one of my elevator servo wires came loose in flight, and it crashed and burned. Guess what? The tail section survived without a scratch. That tail was held on fine with just the spars glued.

Will be getting another as soon as they become available again. Would've ordered from F-Hobby or RC-Castle, but I want the business to go to MRC. I'll wait for it. I just hope they get it in soon. I'm itching to get my Sabre back!

The lesson learned: As per Alpha, tape the servo connecting wires together so they don't come out. It happened to one of his pilot buddies too. Once the tail is glued, good luck getting back in there.

Love this jet!!! I love getting it from MRC too. Hurry MRC!!!

Comment

Working...
      X