X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS Twin 70mm A-10 ThunderBolt II

why no mention of this plane yet on the forums or the motion Rc website ?

It is in a thread on RCG if that is what you mean. Not sure if Motion will be selling this as Freewing is getting ready to release a 1700mm, 80/90mm A-10 in about a month. The FMS is still on pre-order as well I believe though.

Comment

No, I'm asking why there is no talk about it in this forum and why there is no pre order info on the motion Rc website

Comment

Possibly because of the imminent release of the Freewing A-10.

Comment

Hi Guys, at this point we do not have any plans to carry the FMS A-10. More information will follow if/when this changes. We already have the Dynam and Freewing 64mm A-10s, E-Flite's UMX A-10, and Freewing's upcoming 80 variant.!

Comment

Thanks. I am already planning to go with the Freewing myself. :shy:

Comment

I'm still debating. I'll hold until both are out, but I'm very on the fence from what I've seen. There is no doubt that the Freewing will be better for guys with grass fields, and will probably fly better due to the lower wing loading and larger size. However, I am kind of a nut when it comes down to the scale detail, and I don't have much space in the hangar. The scale LG struts and beautiful gear door systems on the FMS, as well as the smaller size would be more suited to what I'm looking for. The 12 blade fans will also have a nice static appearance on the ground. The initial price and the freewing is much better value, but throw in a $30 scale nose strut (if it is even made), plus a $35 weapons package, plus twin batteries all adds up quick. Like I said, I'll wait until both are out to decide, but its going to be a very tough choice.

Comment

What lipos will the Freewing use?

Comment

There are pros and cons of every model we sell, whether the same size category, same type of aircraft (or different), or the same aircraft itself just a different price point, feature set, detail level, etc. As always we encourage pilots to weigh all options in the context of their personal preferences. With so many possible options out there these days, I think most people can find something that suits their overall needs.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by weedsnager View Post
                    What lipos will the Freewing use?

Hi Weedsnager, the Freewing twin 80mm A-10 uses two 6s 4000s, like the twin 80mm F-14. It has space for 5000s or even 6000s, but we've flown it mostly on 4000s.

Scroll down to Post #318; Xplaneguy tested out to 6 minutes of an exciting flight on 5000s.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Good info, thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X