X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 64mm 12-Blade A-10

During assembly there were the usual red-yellow-and black terminal wire placement indicators on the motor terminals - but zero markings on the leads wires coming from the SCU - so I matched red for red etc...this caused the motor to run in reverse - so obviously I switched the wires and the motor fired up correctly - however - this is opposite - now red is hooked up to black etc... now for the second part of my protracted question...is it possible that I still don't have it right? i.e. should I have switched the yellow wire - the reason I ask is that the jet seems a little...well...piggish - seems underpowered...maybe its because I've been running my sport prop all winter (furious 200 - psycho-plane) and the A-10 might seem slow in comparison...sorry for the long question

Hello MA,
    Without going into the electrical theory on these motors the answer to your inquiry is in short NO COLOR MATCHING REQUIRED.
    In layman terms about these DC motors, the three wires are not polarity based. The ESC is controlling what level of voltage to which wire at a specific time via "phasing" .
    You just hook any of the wires up(color means nothing) and if it runs normally you are good to go but if it runs in reverse you just swap any two wires.
    If you would like to learn a little more technical info here is a good place to start.

Best regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
      Hello MA,
      Without going into the electrical theory on these motors the answer to your inquiry is in short NO COLOR MATCHING REQUIRED.
      In layman terms about these DC motors, the three wires are not polarity based. The ESC is controlling what level of voltage to which wire at a specific time via "phasing" .
      You just hook any of the wires up(color means nothing) and if it runs normally you are good to go but if it runs in reverse you just swap any two wires.
      If you would like to learn a little more technical info here is a good place to start.

Best regards,
      Thanks very much OV10

Comment

Working...
      X