X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SU-35

So my plane has foam hinges and the rudder broke on last flight. I am wondering has anyone successfully added plastic hinges or what's the best way to repair this? I'm trying to avaoid having to buy new rudder section.

Hello Higson2,
    Foam Tac is your greatest repair tool for foam accidents. ;)
    At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

This will reattach the rudder and provide a strong pliable hinge better than original.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thank you OV 10! I appreciate your quick response. It's a partly sunny day here in the PNW and I was hoping to get it back up in the air today. I'll see if local shop has it. Thanks again.

Comment

I always cut foam hinges and replace them with DuBro hinges, before first flight. The servos don't have to work as hard, and I don't want to make them even more stiff with glues. Look in the the hanger section for how I do it, if that's what you wish.

Comment

Working...
        X