X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CG for the Freewing 64mm F9F

I noticed quite a few customers mentioning that the CG recommended is too tail heavy. Of course, with our without gear and battery size can effect CG but I was hoping someone with this model can shed some light on what they think the proper CG should be. I want to add a tech note to the page so customers are notified about the correct CG. Any info is greatly appreciated!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I purchased the f9f 4 years ago from motion and have had great success with it. I have been using the 1800ma admiral 30c batts(151g) I purchased at the same time pushed as forward as they will go never checking cg. (ends up at the nose cone), More or less darts type (not baseball) level toss and it literally flies away from your hand. On my great planes cg machine that results in a cg of 36mm. It flew very well at that, very smooth,landings very predictable. Last weekend i got brave enough to toss with admiral 2200 35c(181g) (consolidating batteries). looked at forums for info. Holy sh*t! There were many opinions on the matter. Flew at 46mm as printed(more on this later) and everything i loved about it changed(madly clicking down trim). Still flyable but everything "smooth" went away. With 2200 pushed to fwd edge of battery bay,wires fwd curling around batt pack i was at cg 38mm. Flew very well at that(slightly "smoother" at 36mm but i could get a little more flare on landing,hand launching was no different than 1800),initial pucker factor was much greater. My experience, 36mm to 38mm is your range. I think some of the cg issues are two different thing. 1st is that in my manual it had a printed cg(45mm) and a sticker(yes someone had to place a sticker on each manual) over the picture that indicated 36mm!?! Next is my manual states from where the wing meets the fuse is the starting point. The panther has a step where the wing meets the fuse (due to the way the wing root intakes are made) to the leading edge of the wing an inch or so from the wing root(5mm diff from where wing root meets fuse vs leading edge of wing as shown on sticker). Leading edge of wing is where the sticker in my manual indicates as a starting point. To make it even more confusing my forum searching shows great confusion about the lg gear. The gear have a steering servo that may limit where the battery can go. What I KNOW is that the FW panther hand launches easily(level toss), flys great,floats on landing and looks great in the air at a cg of 36mm to 38mm from where the intake meets the fuselage.
    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Awesome info, thank you!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
      X