First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f9f freewing

Does any one run an Admiral 4s 1600 in there panther

Re: f9f freewing

i wouldnt recommend it. it is recommeded to run 3s in it. if you have bench testing tools, you could test it out and see if the numbers fall within range, but i dont think they will

Comment

If you're going to start modifying the power system on an electric, start by buying a wattmeter. It will pay for itself in unburnt ESCs and motors. BTW, the power system includes props as well as batteries and motors.

Comment

can you use the motor an esc out of a freewing stinger HP 4s

Comment

I took the power system out of the FMS F-35 V2 (5100kvm) and dropped it into the Freewing Mig 15. It really moves now haha.

I had to get creative and hang the esc inside the thrust tube which helps keep it cool. I had to make sure to zip tie it in there good.

Comment

Hey Coleman. I read the thread and have some concern on what you stated is in your Panther. Are you sure that the motor you used is a 5100 kV? If so, that would put the max. rpm north of 60,000 rpm. INSANE! Most 4S setups use a motor in the low 4000 kV range. I would suggest you check to be sure. The last thing one would want is for the fan to let loose and spew parts all over the place and shred your plane, or you.
            Good luck.

Comment

I had those concerns as well. I don't run at full throttle very often. I can honestly cruise at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. I generally only go full out on takeoffs, high speed passes (you get 2-3 per battery) or climbs. The guys at the field said that it would put it over the 50k rpms which most fans tend to explode.

Oh and currently it's in the Mig-15. I have been considering putting it into the Panther. I really hate hand launching.

It's the motor from this plane, the esc was to large so I used a smaller one that I had and it doesn't get hot since it's in the tube:
              http://www.motionrc.com/fms-f35-lightning-grey-64mm-edf-jet-v2-pnp/

Comment

Working...
              X