Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure loved my Mig29 until the wing came off in mid flight. How I wish FMS or Freewing would finally produce one the right way with wing spars and decent landing gear. I would be one of the first in line to purchase.

Since I had underpowered batteries and a novice video guy I will have to wait for another time. I have purchased the new Venom 5000mAh 35C 3 cells after taki...

Comment

I have recently acquired an LX models Mig-29. The nose landing gear was epoxied so it could not turn to steer. This plane is also sold by Bananahobby but their order page just reboots and clears the cart of all your items so you really can’t make a purchase correctly. These landing gears are all white styrene plastic and seem hard to find in the US. I’m currently attempting to repair the nose gear so that it steers properly but it uses a 9g servo with strings to turn a cam connected to the nose shaft pivot assembly. Maybe that’s why it was glued so you just aim the jet and take off. Our runway is about 500’ long and 80’ wide with hog fences on each side and at the north end, also has tree lines to the north and south so you pretty much have a small takeoff window then up to clear the tree line. Does anyone have any suggestions on the landing gears for this plane? This plane also has thrust nozzle vectoring, colored smoke control release, and pop out parachute for landing assist. Too bad they cheated out on the landing gears.
      Last edited by Ableleader1; Oct 16, 2020, 07:09 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I have struggled with the landing gear on mine. I got rid of the stock gear and tried RC Lander Mig -29 gear. The mains rotate 45 degrees to fit in the wheel wells and the nosegear uses a steering arm so that works better. The problem is that the gear trunnions are plastic and the pins are only 3mm and soft. This is not strong enough for the plane. I have just ordered FW 4.1mm retract units and some pins from MRC. I will keep the RC Lander struts and drill them out to 4.1mm and use them with the new retract units, but not have the mains rotate 45 degrees. They will give me a slightly nose up stance to help get off the ground.
        Last edited by John lueke; Oct 16, 2020, 03:07 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Working...
        X