Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing F-18

Hi Guys
    I have a issue with the f-18 on landing, nose wants to pitch up when bleeding the air speed off just before touching down. If I bring it in hot and fly it down to the runway, I don't have that problem. Is this the normal ?

Thx
    Charlie

Re: Freewing F-18

Are you landing with power? Is the thrust vectoring on or off? Your thrust line could be off in the vertical axis. It could be that you have it trimmed to compensate for this. Does it want to pitch up in flight when you go to idle?

Comment

I have the same problem as Charliejet has, where the nose pitches up on close final when power is decreased.TV is off. CG is correct. I assume it is due to the vector nozzles being canted down and upon removing thrust you no longer have the downward bias in the nose. I have adjusted the nozzles to a more neutral position with a slight upward tilt and will test fly. Does this sound logical?
      CT

Comment

I'd suggest going into your Tx & set up a 'Landing' Flight Mode (if capable), and add negative Elevator Compensation, which could be activated by your Flaps switch, where it normally comes into use. In normal use, this keeps the ship from 'ballooning' when you add flaps.

Comment

Working...
        X