You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could freewing produce a twin 80mm F/A-18F super hornet?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Especially for us outside the US with Free freight.. Goes a long way towards paying for the next offering..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
      You gotta hand it to FMS though. Their 70mm, 6s planes are more "affordable" compared to the bigger Freewing ones.
      They've really been stepping up! The new hot 6s 70mm ticket is growing well!

Comment

I have a fms f-18 v2 4c on layaway what are your thoughts on this plane?

Comment

Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
          Don't worry if the last few scenarios are played FMS makes the smaller version of what Freewing makes larger so a 80-90mm F-18 is coming .. Question is what model.. Let's all hope it's a Type C & not another Super Hornet..:)
          Hoppe it's not an 80mm 9 blade like in the a-10 that people are putting nerf whistles in to make sound 'better' ... I quite like the USMC ''night attack livery in the 'D'model. 2 seater, but still the round intakes. I can picture it now, flaperons, landing lights, air brake, trailing link suspension, everything the scale model pilot needs :)

Comment

You gotta hand it to FMS though. Their 70mm, 6s planes are more "affordable" compared to the bigger Freewing ones.
            The 80mm futura is a dang rocket ship! The price difference is about 400 Aussie dollars less than, say, my FW 90mm DH112 Venom, and they run on the same 5000 6S battery!

Comment

Originally posted by The Junganaught View Post

The 80mm futura is a dang rocket ship! The price difference is about 400 Aussie dollars less than, say, my FW 90mm DH112 Venom, and they run on the same 5000 6S battery!
              Interesting that you brought this up. I consider the FMS 80mm Futura to be in the same category of sport jet as the Freewing 80mm Avanti S. Those 2 are with a few dollars of each other. I've never seen the Futura in person. I have the Avanti S and am very happy with it. I also have the Freewing 90mm Venom. Both are spectacular planes.
              If Freewing makes the 80mm F-18, I'll have to break another piggy bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy1012 View Post
                I have a fms f-18 v2 4c on layaway what are your thoughts on this plane?
                Having flown some 4 cell jets and having seen other 4 cell jets fly (from the previous generation), I'm inclined to shy away from them, preferring to go with the 6 cell ones, even in 70mm. The twin exhaust tips on the F-18 tend to divide the thrust, making it less efficient. You seem to need more punch when pushing through twin pipes on a single fan.
                Having said that, I also have the Roc Hobby Super Scorpion, which is a 70mm running on 4s, single exhaust and it's a blast. But they built that one very light (no retracts), has a high kv motor and very streamlined. I haven't seen the small F-18 V2 but if it's got similar specs (high kv, no retracts or gear), it might be a very capable plane.

Comment

Interesting that you brought this up. I consider the FMS 80mm Futura to be in the same category of sport jet as the Freewing 80mm Avanti S. Those 2 are with a few dollars of each other. I've never seen the Futura in person. I have the Avanti S and am very happy with it. I also have the Freewing 90mm Venom. Both are spectacular planes.
                  If Freewing makes the 80mm F-18, I'll have to break another piggy bank.
                  Only dilemma about the F-18 on grass is those front Oleo struts.. Oleo vS Gopher hole .. Wonder who will win..:)LOLRegarding Avanti vs Futura I considered the Futura initially when it came out but the price & ongoing Q/C & motor issue was a big turnoff compared to more Bang for Buck larger Avanti.. I prefer the Avanti looks over the Futura so the Avanti got the nod.. No regrets..

Comment

Hurry up, Freewing/Flightline ............................ FMS is about to release their new 6s, 70mm F-18. It looks fast. To me, a 70mm in this size for an F-18 is too small since the FW 90mm flies so nice and has more presence.
                    4.2K views, 117 likes, 11 loves, 27 comments, 20 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from FMSmodel: We tested the FMS 70mm F-18 today. Have a look at the short video. Really fast speed. 😯

https://www.facebook.com/FMSmodel/ph...type=3&theater
                    After checking out the links xviper2 provided, I am not sure what to think about this little guy.

I'm a little disappointed that FMS chose to go with a single 70mm design for their F-18 offering and went for the more modern Super Hornet frame and not the classic Hornet. Their new fans and power systems are great units and with their recent success with their twin 70mm A-10, { which I do have one and simply love that plane } I felt that a twin 70mm F-18 classic Hornet would be the bomb and the perfect blend of price factor, size, and performance that would put the Banana Hobby version in its place. :Cool:

I will say one thing on behalf of the little guy, the flight video shows that thing is fast and impressive if speed is you thing.

Comment

Need for Speed..:Cool::)

Comment

Originally posted by Arcangel View Post

After checking out the links xviper2 provided, I am not sure what to think about this little guy.

I'm a little disappointed that FMS chose to go with a single 70mm design for their F-18 offering and went for the more modern Super Hornet frame and not the classic Hornet. Their new fans and power systems are great units and with their recent success with their twin 70mm A-10, { which I do have one and simply love that plane } I felt that a twin 70mm F-18 classic Hornet would be the bomb and the perfect blend of price factor, size, and performance that would put the Banana Hobby version in its place. :Cool:

I will say one thing on behalf of the little guy, the flight video shows that thing is fast and impressive if speed is you thing.
                        A friend i fly with bought the FMS 70mm A-10, it's awesome, very quiet though. He also maidened a futura for a guy at out club who can't fly and man it's fast! single 70mm F-18 seems a bit under done, i wonder if Freewing will bring a scale 90mm f-18 to the table, similar to what they have done with the f-15, f-14 and even A-10, although the 80mm 9 blade fans need to be 12 blade 90mm in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                        X