Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F14 Need help with flap/wing sweep mix

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F14 Need help with flap/wing sweep mix

Twice, I have gotten lucky sweeping the wings while flaps are deployed. Caught it just before they crunched. Does anyone know how to set up a mix where the flaps are retracted whenever the wings are swept? I have a DX9 with the flaps in AUX1, and the wings in AUX2. I have tried a couple of mixes, but to no avail.

I have this setup on my DX8. you need to assign flight modes to your positions. I have it setup where you cant sweep the wings with any flap put in. But the one thing I didn't get right is if the wings are already swept, you can still add flaps which is also not good. but my way does save you from crunching them if they are already deployed.
    Models current and qualified on!: Freewing; 90mm F-16, 80mm Mig-21, A-4, F-14, F-5, L-39, P-51 / Flexinnovation flexjet / HSD; 105mm F-16 / Flightline 1600mm Spitfire, B-24 / FMS; P-40b, F4U Corsair, Beaver (painted as an Army U-6), /Eflite; Carbon Z T-28, V900, P2 Prometheus, Pitts S1, umx Pitts, Champ, umx B-17, and a bunch of other small bits and bobs from hobbyking.

Comment

I have the F-14 and it was programed on the Futaba 8FG Super radio and was unable to transfer to my new radio which I just got (Futaba 16SZ) due to how old my 8FG was. If there is anyone out there that has this plane/radio combination, could I please get some help? I am looking for more scale, like in the
      RC Geek's youtube review/setup video. That is unless it flies fine with the wings swept and ailerons functioning. I'll probably have more questions later like full length flaps, ailerons as spoilers only and INH when wings swept.

Thank you in advance
      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by rcflyernc2001 View Post
        I have the F-14 and it was programed on the Futaba 8FG Super radio and was unable to transfer to my new radio which I just got (Futaba 16SZ) due to how old my 8FG was. If there is anyone out there that has this plane/radio combination, could I please get some help? I am looking for more scale, like in the
        RC Geek's youtube review/setup video. That is unless it flies fine with the wings swept and ailerons functioning. I'll probably have more questions later like full length flaps, ailerons as spoilers only and INH when wings swept.

Thank you in advance
        Jay
        Does your 16sz have voice notifications for switches? Likd "gear up" etc?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rcflyernc2001 View Post

Thank you in advance
          Jay
          I use the 18sz with my F14 using RCgeek’s set up, also have conditions so flaps won’t deploy with wings swept or wings won’t sweep in when flaps down. I can make a copy and post I here. I think is possible.

Comment

I use a 14ch rx and all surfaces are separate and the board is bypassed except for the retracts.

Comment

Mixes won't get what you want.

I had a sequencer program on mine that would automatically retract the flaps if they were deployed when sweeping the wings and keep them from being deployed if swept. same for reverse. I could send you my file but it was on a DX-18 an may not work for you.

Comment

Best bet is having 2 different flight modes on a switch, it will take a bit of work with the DX9 but it's possible, so many different methods with all types of radios, you just need to really take the time and see which method is best for your set up. I use the Taranis, and disable flaps on flight mode #2.

Comment

Working...
                X