Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LX Models SU47 build - need advice

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX Models SU47 build - need advice

I have just about every big Jet sold on Motion RC. Being the Jet junky that I am, I decided to build something out of the ordinary, stuff you don't see at the flying field every day. The SU47 was just the ticket. Having previously built the LX MIG29, was a big help in deciding how to reinforce the EPS Fuselage to withstand the landing forces. I am posting some of the photos of my build showing the 1/32 Plywood reinforcements. My biggest issue is Servo and Radio Set UP . My MIG 29 is a similar set up but lacks the Canards. I set up the MIG29 as a Delta wing set up on my Eagle II Gyro and the Spectrum TX as Normal wing set up. The result is a delta wing set up with elevators and ailerons moving in unison. Having the canards in the mix, causes programming issues for me. Also, I don't have any reverse servos in the MIG29. Would I need a reverse servo in one of the Canards and mix that Channel with the elevators? The diagram in the instructions shows tying the opposite canard servo to the elevator and aileron. I wonder if there is another alternative.
    Any thoughts?

Finally Got it to work

I tried reverse servos on one of the elevators and canards, but to of no avail. Finally I tried the manufacturer's suggestion of tying the canards to the opposite side and it worked .. I used a normal wing set up on my DX9 and Delta Set up on my Gyro. Works like a charm.

Will post more photos of the complete
    build soon

Comment

Working...
    X