X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free-Wing F/A 18E Hornet KIT Build by Matt Maryan

Hello Fellow Pilots, This is Matt with Motion RC Customer Service Team. I recently purchased the Free-wing F/A 18E Hornet V.2 EDF Jet, I'm starting to enjoy flying these newer EDF's because they finally have enough power and speed to make flying a Jet enjoyable. Those of you that haven't flown jets or maybe tried them to early in their production, well. They are coming along nicely, the Free-Wing ME-262 is a "Fantastic" EDF Twin 70MM EDF Jet. That aircraft fly's like it's on a rail system, smooth as can be. Very precision flight if you enjoy that kind of craft. Back to the F/A 18E, The Kit comes with all the lighting, extension wires pre-installed. The Retracts are a fine three set of well thought out strut type mains that can take a hit. The detail is right up there with a mini version of the jet, EPP material; well, something like that. It's a beauty to say the least. The vertical tail fines glue in place with 30 min epoxy, everything else screws into place. The servo detail is presented in the instruction manual, so you know which one is positive & reverse. So, for those of you that have an extra 90MM EDF Fan laying in a box. You can certainly put it to use in very little time. Mine took me three hours to build at my pace, over fifty category. Once it's completed, you will really enjoy this one! Wow, it looks sweet...You'll hate crashing this one, but lets face it. We all have our own ways of making room, mines the hard way. Maybe one day, I'll get off my duff and clean out the garage; time will tell. So, in leaving my humble keyboard. I can say without hesitation; Free-wing F/A 18E Hornet is a 5 STAR bird!
    Attached Files

Re: Free-Wing F/A 18E Hornet KIT Build by Matt Maryan

Hey Matt,
    Video(s), dude! Without them it didn't happen!!

But what I'm really writing to ask is, how in the world did you get my worktable into this pic?
    Hmmmmm....no flight video.....hmmmm.
    Umm hmmm -- you Photoshopped it, din't ya? <smiley image="smiley_wink.gif"/>

Comment

Oh, your giving away all the trade secrets. I seriously thought, I was the only guy with two messy Wal-Mart tables in the industry. ;) It's funny, no matter how hard I try to keep things organized; this is what happens. The good thing is, I usually know where everything is at. Unless it a phone number or something with more than 4 numbers, "that" after 40 switch. Okay, Video's, yes your right, no video; it never happened"! I'll see what I can do, I've been flying the ME-262. Now, that's an Awesome flying EDF=s! Twin 70'dys are a blast. Well, as soon as I'm flight worthy, meaning, "I have the Thrust Vectoring" dialed in. I will make a flight video. <smiley image="anim_drunk.gif"/>

Comment

(Gotta fight these urges...)
        I'd just started to take pix of my 2 wally-world tables & post 'em up. Then decided not to. Too embarrassing. <smiley image="smiley_sad.gif"/>

Comment

RE: Free-Wing F/A 18E Hornet KIT Build by Matt Maryan

Hi yall. I was about to pull the trigger on the su35 kit and all of a sudden is outta stock. It forced me to look at the 90mm jets and i gotta say that maybe these would be nicer. I really want something that can blow my socks off, no pun intended, and look awesome doing it. I gotta say that i am stuck between the eurofighter and the f18. The f18 is the better looker for me, but what are its flight characteristics like. The edf they show in the video looks an awful like the changesun unit. Is this what comes in the pnp?
          [hr]
          One thing i did notice is that these are pretty heavy at 3050 grams compared to th su35 2600

Comment

RE: Free-Wing F/A 18E Hornet KIT Build by Matt Maryan

I have two F-18 and can only comments on these. It is a fairly easy plane to fly with good power. The thrust vectoring is really a compliment to the plane. The only issue you might have is the mixing for the thrust vectoring. However, you will have to mix no matter which one you decide on. I made all the recommended upgrades on my last F-18 and it was worth it. The vertical and roll rates are just outstanding. I would look at the build instructions for both and see which one would be less challenging for you.

Comment

Working...
            X