X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat G.91 The Italian Jet

I fairly recently became aware of the existence of the Italian Fiat G91 thanks to War thunder recently adding several new Italian airplanes. Not only is it a pretty sharp looking Light Weight Strike Fighter but it seems to be a great flier too. https://youtu.be/k15BSV4Xx9w?t=5m31s
    Upon doing some research about the jet I found that there already is a professional grade RC model of it being made with a 90mm EDF. It is made by some company I had not heard of before called SebArt and it was designed by the 15 times Italian Champion Sebastiano Silvestri, vice-European Champion and F.A.I World Cup winner F3A. It looks to be of top quality except it cost $550 which it might be worth it but way more than I am willing to pay for this particular model. Now if only Freewing came out with a more affordable 80mm model with its great support it would be a hit.
    The cool thing about the G91 is that because it served with Italy, Germany and Portugal and a few other countries, there were several cool liveries.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	WT fiat_g91.jpg Views:	1 Size:	414.2 KB ID:	78587 Click image for larger version  Name:	G-91-00.jpg Views:	1 Size:	195.4 KB ID:	78588

Freewing produces this model

Comment

Here is a video of the SebArt G91.

Comment

I'd pick one up if the pricing was comparable to other foamy jets in its class. They were briefly available here in the United States a few years ago, but as was mentioned the price was too high. I believe you also had to do a lot more assembly than we are accustomed to. Sort all that out and I'm in.

Comment

Freewing produced this model for Sebart, just as they did with the MiG-29. The G.91 used the older six blade plastic EDF and there were a couple of other things that early reviewers didn't like about it. Coupled with the premium price Sebart was asking for in 2014 xompared to what else was out there, the model never really took hold in the market. I've flown one extensively. It's not bad, and I like that it looks unique, but considering the pace of innovations we've kept over the past three years, unfortunately the G.91 showed its age sooner than was ideal.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Interesting subject. Translating this to an 80mm platform would be a good size and the trailing link LG would make it scale and grass friendly. Looking at the relatively small intake, would cheaters be needed? Possibly already in the works?

Comment

Interesting to know that Freewing produced an early version. This would make the development of a simpler updated V2 80mm model a lot more easier and feasible at a lower price.

Comment

Seb probably still owns the rights to it, so that would have to be sorted out before it could go back into production. I like the jet though, very unique and interesting. Thanks for sharing Evoman!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
                  Seb probably still owns the rights to it, so that would have to be sorted out before it could go back into production. I like the jet though, very unique and interesting. Thanks for sharing Evoman!!
                  Kloverzero, I think you will find this jet even more interesting after seeing these Portuguese Air Force liveries. ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jaguares 01.jpg
Views:	1176
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	78974

Comment

Some more cool Portuguese Air Force liveries.

Name:	Jaguares 03.jpg
Views:	1045
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	78960Click image for larger version

Name:	Escorpiones.jpg
Views:	1479
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	78961

Comment

My Favorites Portuguese livery the Tigres.

Name:	Tigres.jpg
Views:	1191
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	78967Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiat G91 Portugal.jpg
Views:	1185
Size:	590.9 KB
ID:	78968

Comment

There is already a Sebart G-91 V2 that came out quite a while ago. It comes with the 90mm 12 blade fan, a gyro and an additional paint scheme. Check it out: http://www.sebart.it/edf-jets.html

There is as well a short kit for a build-up 1/6th scale version available from a German hobby shop (90mm fan,12s). A link to the thread in German RCN forum (flight video in post #171):

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...nzel-Modellbau

The attached photo shows my Gina (G-91), markings will be next.

By the way, the full size G-91 was evaluated by the US Army in the early sixties.

http://warships1discussionboards.yuk...o#.WTeTCBHwA-U
                        Attached Files

Comment

Its about time Freewing took another look at this airframe now that they have better electronics etc, and relaunched this very sexy looking 90mm Jet.

Comment

Working...
                          X