X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo Motioners!

Get on the horn -- it's been decided. We want a FreeWing 120mm Stinger.
    Verily.

\<smiley image="anim_working.gif"/>

Re: Yo Motioners!

I know you want it and so might others but at least you have a 90 mm Stinger and other larger jets to chose from. Me, I would be happy with ANY 1400 mm EPO foam WW 1 fighter. I have zero choice here at Motion or elsewhere. <smiley image="smiley_unhappy.gif"/>

Comment

Baron,
      You may want to try our local hs. It has been a while since I was in but they did carry 1 or 2 WW1 Birds
      RC Country Hobbies Sacramento CA
      CT

Comment

I have had the smaller 42" Parkzone SE 5 and Albatross DVa planes. There are large WW 1 warbirds but almost all are balsa and Monkote. As far as I know the only foam WW1 plane that is at least 50" is the Dynam Albatross which I have but have not assembeled it because I will change the color scheme. If I am wrong let me know.

Comment

Howbout the Tiger Moth, that is a fun flier
          CT

Comment

That's all nice & all that guys, but...."FreeWing 120mm Stinger"?
            Several ideas expressed, among them make it for 8-10S; w/room (& CG) for series'd packs.
            5-6000 mAh or better. Clean up ducting; thinner wings (for speed).
            Longer canopy. Put a Viper's onto the Stinger90 & you'll get the idea.

Keepin' it real....<smiley image="anim_handshake.gif"/>

Comment

A 120mm Stinger on a 8 or 10s pack would truly be amazing. I requested larger props (1700+) and EDF's 105/120mm to Mark a while ago, he responded that it was in the works. He also went on to say the Mfg's are concerned about the high development costs for the larger birds. It all comes down to supply and demand. If they think there is a large enough market to warrant the capital costs then it may be a possibility. If not then it is just us dreaming and hoping.
              CT

Comment

I think the performance & popularity of the Stinger 90 speak for its solidity: this is one well designed & engineered R/C model aircraft! Merely upscaling it should negate most of the major development costs.

(More I could add but my keyboard's going nuts so will stop there; wanting to keep the thread alive.)

Comment

Working...
                X