You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F 8 crusader --Will the manufacturers ever make one?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F 8 crusader --Will the manufacturers ever make one?

I have just about every jet on MotionRC's website. Having said that, I am getting bored flying the same jets every week. Since I have all the Freewing models, I decided to try the Jets made by LX models which Freewing does not manufacture. I bought all the big LX jet KITs including the F4, F22, SU47, Mig29 . All these were assembled with Freewing electronics and Landing Gears.. They turned out great flyers with the exception of the SU47. Having done that, and naturally I am looking for the next thrill, another jet that I haven't flown before. The F8 Crusader is a legendary aircraft that is so ugly to me that it looks cool. That is one big EDF jet (80mm or 90mm) that I would like to see come to light.
    I was just wondering if anyone else has ever come across one of these in the past, and if so, was it a jet worthy of praise and accolades?

Ultimate Jets has a beautiful F-8E Crusader coming, but it's 1/7 scale and will cost you several thousand dollars. It looks like it might already be sold out, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	15732451_1402079949802277_942669282191938449_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	119.9 KB ID:	86046

Motion's latest jet project is operating under the name "Virtue". I'm hoping the "V" stands for Vought, as in Crusader! An F-8 is at the top of my want list now that we have the A-10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5641217810_136a98be00_b.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	86093
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1145_039.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	86049

Comment

A little one is now available.

64mm Freewing F-8 Crusader - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FJ10811P The F-8 Crusader is revered as “The Last Gunfighter” because it was the final American fighter designed with guns as its principal armament. First flying in 1955 before playing a pivotal reconnaissance role in the Cuban Missile Crisis and serving with distinc

Comment

Working...
      X