X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam TurboJet

Finished up the vinyl wrap on my Dynam Turbo Jet. Hope to maiden this weekend.

Jim
    Attached Files

Re: Dynam TurboJet

That is just beautiful !!! You do such a good job with the wraps . I'm gonna have to try it .
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Greetings,

Ditto on H64's post!!!!

A most impressive job, done well.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
      in Okla.

Comment

Really nice job there, that is a gorgeous plane. Let us know how she flies. If you can get a video of it, that would be great. Bet those twin EDFs sound good!

Comment

Wow! I must learn how to do that. It certainly doesn't look like a Dynam plane anymore.

Nicely done!

Comment

Thanks folks.
            Maidened today, sorry no video, but this plane flies sweet. Took off and landed just fine on our club's grass runway.

I did the flap mod, but didn't need them, the plane slows down surprisingly well for a thin winged EDF.

For the price, and with Motion's great service, this is a really good deal on an EDF.

Jim
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a video made with a Mobius on the Dynam TurboJet (Cessna Citation)

https://vimeo.com/106551399

Jim

Comment

What an absolute great clip!!!!! Motivates me to get my new mobius set up this weekend, Thanks for sharing. Nothing better than those sunset/dusk flights.
                CT

Comment

Greetings,

VERY nice video to go with a really nicely modded Turbojet!!!

Thank you very much for sharing.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
                  in Okla.

Comment

That's a beautiful job!
                    Lauren

Comment

Here is another video made with a Mobius cam on the TurboJet.

https://vimeo.com/107348853

Jim

Comment

Great job !!! I noticed the flaps , does it need them ? Also I see your flying off of grass , any issues with that ? I have nothing but grass to fly on , it's cut very low and maintained well but I know some planes don't do well unless it's a hard surface . Thanks Bryan
                        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Flaps are not really needed. They may allow a slight reduction in landing speed, but as often as not I don't use them. I added them to this plane for the cool factor, it does look neat to extend the flaps and make a slow pass down the runway.

We have three of these planes at our club, one with fixed gear and the others with retracts. So far, no issues flying from our grass runway.

Jim

Comment

Greetings Jim,

Congrats, man!!! Another outstanding flight and video.

One question, did you chrome (wrap) the nacell intakes yourself or did they come that way??
                            If you did it, WOW! what an awesome job and I'd really appreaciate it if you would share how you were able to get them looking like factory originals?????

Very Impressive.......

Clear Skies

Bill L.
                            in Okla.

Comment

Wow, she looks beautiful, especially the in flight shot, so realistic!!
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Bill
                                I use Oracal chrome polyester film for the deicing and engine nacelle trim. It looks good in the air, even from a couple of feet, but it's not perfect.

Jim

Comment

Greetings Jim,

Thanks for the info..... looks pretty darn good to me.....

I was also wondering...... it appeared in the latest video you had a really long run on the turf prior to lift off. Was that by design or does the Turbo Jet require the much run up to acquire lift??

While I'm thinking about it, I've heard some guy's mention that the jet tends to dip when bringing the gear down in flight...... have you noticed that???

Thanks again

Bill L.
                                  in Okla.

Comment

It does take a good bit of runway to get up to take off speed, on grass. I have pulled it up sooner and nearly stalled it, so now I just let it roll until it is nearly leaving the ground on it's own before I give it a bit of elevator.

I think on a paved, or better kept grass, runway take off roll will be shorter, and less bouncy.

To be honest, I can't tell a difference between when the gear is up or down. I've not noticed any attitude change when deploying the gear or flaps. I'm sure it is a bit slower with the gear down, but no enough to be an issue with me.

Jim

Comment

This is easily the most unique TurboJet I've ever seen. Great job in transforming your model!

Comment

RE: Dynam TurboJet

wow great looking bird...thought about getting one not sure I am up to flying edf's yet...

retired now but former air traffic controller here...we used to say the citation was so slow that it was the only turbo jet that could take a bird strike from the rear....

Comment

Working...
                                        X