X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBC kits F4D Skyray

So I was poking around on Fan Jets USA because I like the 90mm panther. Then I noticed they now offer a 90mm F4D ! I'm a builder, so I would love to get my hands on one, but there's very little info out there, I assume because it's so new. From the pics it looks to be pretty good size. Look at the canopy compared to the hand. I can imagine a JP hobbies 90mm on 8s !

well, It looks like I pulled the trigger just in time. After ordering, I went back to the product page, and it said "out of stock " !

Comment

Nice looking Skyray! I'm holding out for a Freewing 90mm F4D Skyray! I hope it happens someday?

Comment

I'll be starting the build thread as soon as I receive it. A friend turned me on to a manufacturer of electric retracts called Down and Locked. Very high end units for around 150.00.

Comment

Here's a link to RBCs website, there is a video as well:

Skyray edf 90mm , all wood kit with vacuumformed parts , ply and balsa construction cnc cut precision.for 90mm fan unit and 6-8 lipo cells RBCkits Online Shop the shop for woodbuild edf jets and woodbuild Warbirds, Scale and funflyer kits

Comment

here it is so far...what a great quality kit ! The instructions are terrible....bad English translation, but what the hey...the quality of materials and parts fit more then make up for it.

Comment

finished up the intake duct today. all that's left are the retract mounts, and then I'll be ready for sheeting.

Comment

Any more updates?
                Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

I just ordered my 90mm Skyray kit today! I am very excited because it will be my first true kit/build. Luckily my expert flying/building buddy will be assisting me in the build.

Comment

Mine has been in the box now for 6 months, Florida is not a good state for assigning building time !! If you are flying all of those models noted you shouldn't have any problems putting together or flying the Skyray. I have two other sizes and they fly on rails. I think "scooter genie" dropped of this planet -- he had an RCG thread on his Skyray also but no activity of late.

Comment

Yes, it's been a while. It's sitting on the work bench, half sheeted and waiting for me to work out the speed brake problems with such a tight area for them to go in. Also been working overtime lately, so it's just a matter of time before I get the energy to finish it.

Comment

Working...
                      X