Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with ESC in Freewing Mirage 80mm "high speed" inrunner version.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ESC in Freewing Mirage 80mm "high speed" inrunner version.

I bought this plane early last year. It has the 100A ESC inrunner version. Lately, I got this odd beeping (constant series of 5 beeps) via the ESC but it flew fine. I re-bound it - no change. So I decided to do the throttle calibration again and the beeping stopped. However, during the process, I must have changed something in the ESC. It now only soft starts. The ESC has no label. The Freewing procedure didn't do anything. The FMS procedure didn't do anything and using the 2 programming cards I have, nothing changed. Would anyone have access to a PDF file for this unknown ESC or would know the sequence of steps to put it back to factory default? I'd like to get the fast start back.

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
    I bought this plane early last year. It has the 100A ESC inrunner version. Lately, I got this odd beeping (constant series of 5 beeps) via the ESC but it flew fine. I re-bound it - no change. So I decided to do the throttle calibration again and the beeping stopped. However, during the process, I must have changed something in the ESC. It now only soft starts. The ESC has no label. The Freewing procedure didn't do anything. The FMS procedure didn't do anything and using the 2 programming cards I have, nothing changed. Would anyone have access to a PDF file for this unknown ESC or would know the sequence of steps to put it back to factory default? I'd like to get the fast start back.
    Hi Viper.

Which programming cards did you use?

The Hobbywing FlyFun/Skywalker (also used to be known as Pentium) LED or Turnigy Plush LED card should both work. These Freewing ESC's are relabeled Hobbywing ESC's. These will make it easy as pie to reconfigure the settings. Also, the written directions (manual attached below) for one of the ESC's I mentioned should also get you going in the right direction as well if you want to reprogram via TX stick motion.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...-flyfun-series

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...ming-card.html

Comment

The Turnigy and Hobbywing programmers are made by the same manufacturer who also makes this one carried by Motion.
      https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ogramming-card
      It was a originally carried as a Detrum(Dynam) product and then relabeled as Tomcat when Dynam switched over.
      The ESC manufactures are but a handful but brand labeled by the dozens. ;)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
        The Turnigy and Hobbywing programmers are made by the same manufacturer who also makes this one carried by Motion.
        At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

It was a originally carried as a Detrum(Dynam) product and then relabeled as Tomcat when Dynam switched over.
        The ESC manufactures are but a handful but brand label by the dozens. ;)
        In the past, I asked if Motion could put those types of details regarding the ESC in the description of certain products to make it easy for customers to identify what card works with which ESC's. I recommended they test it first obviously so they can see it first hand :). These same programming cards work with the 130A ESC's that come on the Freewing 90mm jets, which is extremely nice and handy.

I have hope to see those types of details added a bit at a time after seeing how they are also trying to add more specs on spare parts like retracts when I read their response to you in the thread you started not long ago. :Cool:

Comment

I too have repeatedly been after Motion the past couple years for the details that "modders" need and as a last resort utilized several times the ticket method > https://support.motionrc.net/open.php
          Yes......we can only hope that Wayne and Martin follow through ;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks, guys. I have found a file that is for a HobbyWing ESC. It's identical to Freewing. It'll try it again later but I have a feeling it won't work. The beeps just aren't the way they say in the instructions. I'll get one of those programming cards on my next Motion order. I've tried the one from YEP (HobbyKing) and one from Sunrise ESCs. Neither did anything.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
              Thanks, guys. I have found a file that is for a HobbyWing ESC. It's identical to Freewing. It'll try it again later but I have a feeling it won't work. The beeps just aren't the way they say in the instructions. I'll get one of those programming cards on my next Motion order. I've tried the one from YEP (HobbyKing) and one from Sunrise ESCs. Neither did anything.
              I have the exact same 100A ESC (I'm assuming, and a good assumption, since mine came with the Freewing inrunner power system also :Cool:) and have successfully used the programming card we are speaking of to alter the settings. It's definitely not a YEP, Sunrise, or ZTW, so you can count on Hobbywing working.

Comment

Working...
              X