X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80mm F86 control throws.

The instructions only give one control throw value. What are you guys using for dual rates ?

Re: 80mm F86 control throws.

Generally what I do on this type situation is, set up 3 flight modes on a 3-pos switch.

The center, or 'mid' set will run the mfr's recommended settings, with ~30% expo.
    I'll then set up a set of 'softer' rates w/slightly more expo, & a 'hard' set with more throw & slightly less expo.
    For maidening, I launch on the mid set, & once up & feeling out the plane, basically I've got a softer or harder setup I can easily jump to if the mid-set isn't working well.

How much softer or harder (and the amount of expo used for each), I attune according to what type of aircraft it is, ie hi-performance like a jet or sport compared to say, a trainer or transport / utility type ship.

I start at 30% expo as the 'mid' based on my 'guru' teaching me he found that to be about where planes' reaction to controls most resembles real planes' reaction to inputs. Right or wrong, that practice has worked well for me - ymmv. Has saved more than one plane during maidening, too!

Once dialed in as to where it best flies, I revise the flight modes to setups for launch, cruise & land, as is the more usual practice.

Comment

Working...
    X