Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-14 TOMCAT

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-14 TOMCAT

A nice big F-14 with working sweep wings!

Re: F-14 TOMCAT

Again I say,,, '' + 1 on a Tomcat with a Jolly Rodgers scheme''!!!<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>

Comment

Anything BUT Jolly Rogers! *LOL* So over-done lately. I like my planes to be unique, not pull one out of the trailer & there's 6 others in the club like it.

What I'd _REALLY_ like to see is these mfrs supply basic-colored & marked planes, with decal sheets that will allow customized military branches, squadron IDs, tail numbers etc etc. I'd even be willing to pay a li'l extra for it, if that's what it'd take!

Comment

''That's funny Star Hopper'',, ''I haven't seen a F-14 or even an F-18 offered in that scheme for a long time........ ''it's all good''<smiley image="smiley_happy.gif"/>

Comment

http://www.nitroplanes.com/78a18--f18-jollyroger-arf.html
          http://www.rchobbiesonair.com/rc-jet-plane/

~Just sayin'..... <smiley image="smiley_whistling.gif"/>

Maybe it's just me.....but seems like everywhere I look lately I got JR's comin' at me. <smiley image="smiley_wink.gif"/>

Comment

The problem is that no F-14's in ANY scheme have been available for quite a while; no one is making them at the moment. I ended up getting one of the old Starmax kits (Playboy Black Bunny scheme) from one of the other guys, when somehow a few popped up as available a couple months ago (they are all gone now). But I do think there's nothing like the Jolly Rodgers scheme; I'd take one anytime :)

The Black Bunny will likely be a winter project for me and I think it will be sweet. But geez, it would be nice if someone was actually making an F-14 currently! Hard to believe no one has capitalized on the obvious opportunity...

Comment

Regarding the sites you show, Star Hopper, the NP Maxjet ''JR'' F-18 , I believe has been out of stock for over a couple of years.. The other site you show for the other one, doesn't even look active.. Think the last time I saw that in stock also, was around the same time as the other one, give or take a year.. My 2 cents.

Comment

I think that whoever decides to make the next F-14 should make a few color combinations. I can see where Starhopper is coming from as I too have been getting a little tired of the same jolly rogers scheme. In defense to that, it is probably one of the more popular and easily recognized schemes which is why I would still expect the manufacturer to make that scheme at a minimum. What would be cool is if they had a second squadron scheme like the pukn' dogs, tophatters, or some other high visibility color scheme. I guess it depends on who you ask...

Coot

Comment

I just Binged it & grabbed the first couple of hits I got, '74 - didn't vet 'em. Remember me, the guy advocating for some latitude on dressings? Didn't say the JR's couldn't be one of the options! Y'all lamenting no F-14's available - what'd I ask for in post #1? That's mission 1.
                  <smiley image="smiley_beam.gif"/>

Comment

''That's OK StarHopper''... I would still take any color scheme F-14 offering.<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>

Comment

Dang right. They <i>make</i> paint, don't they? *LOL*

Comment

We are listening.

Comment

Cool. When ya gonna be 'Doing'? <smiley image="smiley_sleep.gif"/>

Heeeyyyyyy......... This is your way of sayin' something's already in the works, ain't it? Ain't it?
                          Oh joy oh joy oh joy!!!! <smiley image="anim_jump.gif"/>

(Joy's my galfriend.) <smiley image="smiley_tongue.gif"/> (She's wondering what to get me for Xmas.)
                          C'mon Tom -- make her day!! *LOL*
                          (Her day.....yeah, dat's da ticket!)

Comment

Yea Tom, make her day and mine as well<smiley image="anim_jump.gif"/>

Comment

Greetings Tom,

Thanks for listening.....

Clear Skies

Bill L.
                              in Okla.

Comment

Working...
                              X