X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eurofighter and 90mm yak question

i have the fan, motor, and esc from my crashed freewing eurofighter laying around. i would like to purchase the freewing 90mm yak but in kit form only, will the fan, motor and esc from the eurofighter work and fly well in the 90mm yak on 6 cells>

Yes it will but not recommended. As you can see from the original Yak 130 msg board comments, the Yak is quite heavy and with the 6s power set up your power envelope is very small thus giving you no margin for mistakes. The 130 is an absolute blast to fly on 8s, very scale and can even fly off grass with no problem (1/2 flaps)

Comment

the original 1450kv motor in the eurofighter was pretty weak and I too would not recommend it in the much heavier YAK. In fact in basic form the YAK pnp came with an inrunner.

Comment

thanks for the info guys, i was trying to save a few bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by tomme21 View Post
          I was trying to save a few bucks.
          Wrong hobby ;)

TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Wrong hobby ;)
            Well, right hobby as compared to say, model trains. ;)

I never flew the Yak on 6S, but I can say 8S is the way to go based on the 6S vids I've seen. My 8S version has real get up and go!
            Pat

Comment

I have seen the 90mm Yak fly off a grass field. It was barely able to get off the ground. Even on a paved runway, the stock Yak is sluggish. Put the drive train from the Euro into it and you may as well try flying a boat anchor.

Comment

Working...
              X