X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurofighter Mixing

Looking for advise on setting up and mixing canards, TV, and ailerons on the Eurofighter on a Spektrum DX8. Should this be set up as Elevons?
    Much appreciated
    CT

Re: Eurofighter Mixing

Will have to be. Delta config on your Tx.

Watched a bud set up one on his DX-18 yesterday & maiden his new turbo-powered & thrust-vectored Euro. Took him all of 10 minutes to configure, set up the canards mixing & set all throws. His first with 'nards, but he had a good plane manual showing him the canards' zero-line & by rates, all the throw numbers he needed to dial in for those and the elevons. He said after, it took only either "two" or a "few" (jet engine idling by my left leg) clicks to trim out a left roll, & she flew beautifully! Thing does some c-r-a-z-y flat spins!!

Comment

CT,

I took a look at the manual online and it looks like the plane is set up as elevons (delta wing) as stated in the other post. It also shows that the canard is mixed in so you will need to make the ailerons work as elevons and mix in the canard channel to the elevator signal/channel. I'm not real familiar with the Spectrum stuff, but it seems that the 7 and 8 channel Tx have custom mixes available. You can check the Tx manual on setups or try RC Universe for some info. All I know is that you will need 3 channels on your Rx to drive the two aileron servos and the canard. How easy it is to mix these depends on the radio and the operator's knowledge of the equipment.

Good luck

Comment

If it's built like my bud's, that'll be 2 servos for the canards also -- one on each. (Adds a channel.)
        Thing spins like a dentist's drill! I told him to be careful or he's gonna throw some decals off!!

Comment

Working...
        X