X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpions?

Has anything been posted here about the new Scorpion line at MRC, to anyone's memory?
    There's some info that's been posted on RCG about a new 80mm Scorpion...pix too. And there's a mention of 'Super Scorpion' - don't know if one & the same, brother planes, or what.
    Thought it kind've odd, but Search for Scorpion produces no hits in the store, or the forum here.
    Or have I missed something?? <smiley image="anim_confused.gif"/>
    Tryin' to get my budget in order....and they's just too dang many jewels comin' out!!

Re: Scorpions?

I expect arrival of a test sample of Freewing's upcoming 80mm Super Scorpion in about a week. I will post my findings here first as a MotionRC exclusive.

The model was adapted to the foam electric format in cooperation with Aviation Design, the company which designed and produces their full composite Super Scorpion for turbine and 12s electric powerplants.

Comment

RE: Scorpions?

I have 2 of them, the first one flew great on the first flight. The second flight it got to far out and I lost orientation and couldnt tell if it was coming or going. It crashed belly first and busted the front end off. So its epoxied back together and back up and flying. The second one im using as back up in case this first one has another bad crash.

Its a great sounding jet.

Comment

lovely photo of Scorpion "fishface5"

Comment

Originally posted by Briggs79
          lovely photo of Scorpion "fishface5"
          Thanks

Comment

I got my Scorpion a few days ago. Balanced it too nose heavy on first flight and had sluggish pitch control and it would barely rotate off the runway on T/O.
            Rebalanced but it was still sluggish and almost lost it barely able to pull out of inadvertent orientation dive.
            Landing was bouncy and the first flight had it bounce up and roll and land on top breaking off one of the rudders.
            Second flight was lucky to get it back and ran out of elevator authority on landing again.
            Going to dial in more elevator for the next flight, but so far this is a scary plane for me.
            I have a Rebel 70 that flies like a dream, this Scorpion so far, is another story.
            Going to try 3rd flight soon will let ya know if I get a whole plane back or not.
            Also I experienced a tendency at off throttle for the motor to come to life on its own.
            Disconcerting to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Cudaguy
              I got my Scorpion a few days ago. Balanced it too nose heavy on first flight and had sluggish pitch control and it would barely rotate off the runway on T/O.
              Rebalanced but it was still sluggish and almost lost it barely able to pull out of inadvertent orientation dive.
              Landing was bouncy and the first flight had it bounce up and roll and land on top breaking off one of the rudders.
              Second flight was lucky to get it back and ran out of elevator authority on landing again.
              Going to dial in more elevator for the next flight, but so far this is a scary plane for me.
              I have a Rebel 70 that flies like a dream, this Scorpion so far, is another story.
              Going to try 3rd flight soon will let ya know if I get a whole plane back or not.
              Also I experienced a tendency at off throttle for the motor to come to life on its own.
              Scorpion definitely takes some getting used to but its a great flying plane once you get it sorted. I fly at the high rate settings. It seems to like it that way. With this one it seems if there is a bounce just boogie on out of there, it never settles once it starts. Some birds will settle in after a bounce. On this one a small looks good can end up just getting worse. Abort, go around regroup. I like a shallow approach with minimal flaps. Good luck. Can you show us where you are putting the battery, and which you are using?

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ
                Originally posted by Cudaguy
                Scorpion definitely takes some getting used to but its a great flying plane once you get it sorted. I fly at the high rate settings. It seems to like it that way. With this one it seems if there is a bounce just boogie on out of there, it never settles once it starts. Some birds will settle in after a bounce. On this one a small looks good can end up just getting worse. Abort, go around regroup. I like a shallow approach with minimal flaps. Good luck. Can you show us where you are putting the battery, and which you are using?

Ryan
                The Magnavox 6S 4000 60C located about 1 1/2 inches back from the front edge of the ply battery mount. I have it balanced at 165mm.
                I'm going to calibrate the ESC also, I hadn't done that before.

Comment

Working...
                X