Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, how is it CB?? Nice and smooth for landings?
    You and TI have got it made and I can just see al the flying events going on at YOUR field in the future!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

I'm speculating that in about a month I'll be able to characterize the texture of it with an adjective like "furry tarmac" LOL
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Awesome WBC
        AMA 424553

Comment

Yep, just about the time that you'll be loading up for Nefi, see ya there pard!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

HAHA! A distant local boy, and a Dutchman at that! Any time you come to visit the family, you just give a holler n we'll be sure to put you in the air whether you bring a plane or not! There's a whole bunch of us Dutch boys at this field,and you know What that hospitality is like! :)

Comment

So here are the birds that flew yesterday to check on the river silt add to the runway center. My brother, dad and I spread about 4 ton of it just before the monsoons of late last week hit. Dad smoothed out the spread with a stripped bed box spring that had a railroad tie on it behind his John Deere and then hit with the asphalt roller again. The center 15 ft width is like a pool table slate now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0848.JPG Views:	1 Size:	180.3 KB ID:	134409Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0845.JPG Views:	1 Size:	146.1 KB ID:	134410Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0850.JPG Views:	1 Size:	186.9 KB ID:	134411

Pic1 Just need the grass to perk up through.
              Pic2 The canopy is in place.
              Pic 3 The wind sock that dad made in the background is doing it's job.
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

It's coming along nicely!

Comment

It's looking good, just stay at it with the mowing and it will fill in, sow seed on it the last snow fall next season and it will come in nicely.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Looks great CB, is that a East /West runway where the wind sock is as well??

Lucky guy!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Looks great CB, is that a East /West runway where the wind sock is as well??

Lucky guy!

Grossman56
                      I only have one runway..........30/12 (west/east) . The windsock is north of the runway by 50 yrds for quick/easy visibility reference.
                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Well, its more than I have!
                        Congrats, looks like a great field!
                        Also looks like the weather turned for the better as well, always good news.
                        Any pics of the Tigercat progress??

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                          Well, its more than I have!
                          Congrats, looks like a great field!
                          Also looks like the weather turned for the better as well, always good news.
                          Any pics of the Tigercat progress??

Grossman56
                          If your talking about the ESM.......nope.
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Maidened the 80" O-2 Skymaster yesterday............sweet :Cool: No pics cause I want George and the others @ NEFI to see this one first hand ;)

Maidened the 80" LX P-40E today. This is one that I swapped my Stuka for with George on my way home from eWEEK last fall.
                            Total repaint from the stock camo to a grunge OD with China blue underside sporting the large US ARMY lettering.
                            For a plane this size it is pretty light which makes it a little twitchy in nominal 5-10 winds. Just gotta be on my A-game with any windage landings.;)
                            Both are now ready to go to NEFI:)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0864.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	136228Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0866.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	136229

PS........grass is slowly filling in:Smug:

Warbird Charlie

Comment

Looks good CB, we were over to our Annual Fly In and had a good time, back at it tomorrow, wind came up and the clouds dropped a bit of rain so we decided to call it a day.
                              Count down to Nefi begins!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                              X