Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official XK 1200mm A1200 with Gyro Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official XK 1200mm A1200 with Gyro Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce our release of the XK 1200mm A1200 with gyro. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this high wing trainer.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Any idea when this model will be back in stock?

Comment

Wondering when you'll be getting the xk a1200 back in stock.

Comment

Is this plane easy to toss? I seen a lot of videos and it seems squirrelly.

Comment

I just bought this plane and found it was very tail heavy, I had to add 55 grams of lead in the nose. Does this sound normal? It seems like a lot of weight to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dankskunk View Post
            I just bought this plane and found it was very tail heavy, I had to add 55 grams of lead in the nose. Does this sound normal? It seems like a lot of weight to me.
            I just finished reading the A1200 threads over on RCGroups (here and here), and there is some very good information on CG in the first page of the second link. Bottom line is that this model was released as an FPV plane (with camera and VTX inside the canopy cover), and the stock 2000mAh battery was chosen to balance the FPV configuration. The non-FPV version does require adding nose weight to achieve the factory recommended CG (55-60mm) That said, the plane evidently flys very well with an aft-ish CG (Factory recommends 55-60mm from the leading edge, but 70mm works even better).

I have two of these on order and should be delivered tomorrow. I'll be flying mine with the stock battery fully forward with an aftish CG @ 70mm.

Its gotten great reviews, so I have some high hopes for this model!

Comment

ridgerunner Hi Ridge runner, thanks for that info. O.k. that makes sense, but just be careful with that aft c.g. Before I added that weight when I tried to hand launch the plane went straight up, rolled upside down and slammed into the ground. The gyro nor my inputs could do anything to stabilize the bird, luckily she hit tall soft grass, only bent the prop so put the replacement prop on that comes with the plane. It scared me to the point of not trying it yet with the the nose weight added because I wanted to find out if that was a normal amount of weight to add. But after reading what you wrote about it originally having fpv equipment in the nose makes sense of the 2oz. of lead I needed to balance her out. I’d love to know how you make out with yours, I’d appreciate a heads up when you try yours. Thanks.

Comment

ridgerunner Wow your right, I just went over to that 2nd page on the RCGroup site for this bird and there is a ton of good info. Thanks again.

Comment

When it comes to landing the plane, do you guys do so in stability mode or 3D mode?

Comment

I've been flying mine in 3D mode only. (Have about 30 minutes airtime on it so far.) Stock battery fully forward. Flies pretty well, but the gyro is a co-pilot I think I'd rather do without. I'll probably ditch the XK RX/Gyro eventually and replace it with a FrSky G-RX6 so that I can have an on-board variometer/altimeter (and standard old-school, non-stabilized control). In the meantime I'll continue to fly it with the stock system as designed until I get a bunch more airtime under my belt.

Landing is cake! (I love the fact that the pusher prop is up and out of the way.)

Comment

Working...
                    X